Thread: A dogs story

Banned

A dogs story

Banned

Boolit Grand Master

Gotta love a story with a happy ending!

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the story......I love a happy ending....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    There are many homeless animals out there.
    I try to help, by feeding them when I see them.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Wow just Wow
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

in Remebrance
    Got two Corgis that stick to me like glue. We used to raise the little buggers. I've heard it said that God gave us dogs to teach us the meaning of unconditional love. I can believe it. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

We volunteer with the Carolina Great Pyrenees Rescue, we have 2 we have adopted and one we are fostering for a young man that is deployed to the middle east currently. Something about seeing the difference between how they look when you first bring them home and then again after they know they are part of the family.

Moderator Emeritus

Moonie, I just can't imagine anyone abandoning a Great Pyreneese unless they are idiots. Mine is the best dig I have ever had. Only 16 mos old and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. Thank you for volunteering.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great story and it sure brings a tear to the eyes. So many like her in similar situations. We don't have kids - our dogs are our kids. A few years back, I adopted an abused rescue poodle - had ben crated all her life, never new what a toy was, you could tell the sadness in her eyes. I brought her home and it took a couple of weeks for her to have complete trust in us - it was like she was confused that she wasn't confined in a small crate, had food and water whenever she wanted it and several soft beds to lay in around the house whenever she wanted to take a nap. Today, she is a completely different dog - happy, bouncy and as soon as I or my wife sit down, she wants to be in our laps. She snuggles in next to me on the bed at night to sleep . my wife says she has me "trained well". Perhaps so . . . but she has a good life now and no abuse and she is one of my greatest joys.

There are so many abused animals out there that need loving homes. There are lots of good folks who try to help them, often spending many $$ out of they own pockets to do so. I would urge everyone to make a contribution to their local Humane Societies or groups who help rescue animals and find good, loving homes for them. Often, they work on very tight budgets and it doesn't matter how much you give as even a very few dollars can help buy food, medical supplies, etc.

Thanks for posting this - it sure made my day!

Thank you for posting and yes it hit to the heart. Thank you and glad to see what the out come and how the dog look after and that is one great looking dog. Thank you again.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    IMO - If you can foster, please foster; If you can't, please donate; I've helped a few dogs and a bunch of cats, my current 2 are curled up in front of me right now. Rescued critters make the BEST pets, I just hate that they have to be traumatized to get that way - They KNOW humans saved their furry behinds so they know we treat them WELL.

Banned

I know some don't think works matter to God but id have to bet that gave you some points with the man above!!

Boolit Master
    we just did that with a cat. he showed up injured in April took him right down to the vet. he spent 4 days there. he is one cuddly guy now fallows me and the wife around the house. gets along with all the other cats.

deleted

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Moonie, I just can't imagine anyone abandoning a Great Pyreneese unless they are idiots. Mine is the best dig I have ever had. Only 16 mos old and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. Thank you for volunteering.
    Farmers will stop feeding them after they get rid of their flock and no longer need them. This encourages them to find another flock somewhere else. It's awful. My big male was found as a stray, I don't understand it as he was obviously not a LGD as he had his dew claws removed, he was someones pet. He is the most amazing dog I've ever owned. We do not know the history of our female before she came into the rescue but we do know she had puppies at some point before coming in as she was swollen, but no puppies came in with her. She is now a couch guardian dog, she loves sheep, goats and horses so I have no doubt she was a LGD in her previous life.

Moderator Emeritus

I can't believe someone would remove their dew claws. I wonder why I like my dog more than most people. I am just starting to date again and first thing I say is you have to meet my puppy and it has to work and no I will not kennel him to go away somewhere. Probably won't get many dates but I am happy so..

MrWolf, you take the dew claws off working/hunting dogs so they dont snag in the bushes and get ripped off later

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post
    MrWolf, you take the dew claws off working/hunting dogs so they dont snag in the bushes and get ripped off later
    Actually not for Great Pyrenees. In this breed they are attached to bone unlike other breeds, they actually have double dew claws in the back, for a reason, removing them is like removing your thumb...

http://carolinapyrrescue.com/double-dew-claws/

This is the rescue we volunteer with.