RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so i got me a trail camera to see if i can catch a gas thief.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Only problem is that cats probably will freak out when you shoot something, unless using suppressed firearms or a bow / crossbow?

Boolit Master
    When I was a teen my Grandpa's farm was over run with sparrows, hundreds of nest in the big pines out front . That supplied a huge amount of target practice for us, and game for all the farm cats. You could walk out, shoot a 22, and cats would come running from every corner of the farm!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Only problem is that cats probably will freak out when you shoot something, unless using suppressed firearms or a bow / crossbow?
    I dated a girl many years ago who trained her cats. First time I ever heard of a potty trained house cat. They also faithfully came when she called and even did some tricks. A cat would be a great companion on a hunt or even in the military. You could train them to wake you when there was an animal in range or if in war, train them to wake you if there was danger. You could carry them with you in a game bag or a big pocket.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I dated a girl many years ago who trained her cats. First time I ever heard of a potty trained house cat. They also faithfully came when she called and even did some tricks. A cat would be a great companion on a hunt or even in the military. You could train them to wake you when there was an animal in range or if in war, train them to wake you if there was danger. You could carry them with you in a game bag or a big pocket.
    I am a cat person (more than a dog person, but dogs are great too). I've had several cats over the years, some cats are more trainable than others...and many cats are NOT trainable what so ever. I've had one cat that I was able to train to play fetch. I've trained almost all of the cats I've had to come when called, I like to use a "Two clap" call and NOT "voice and words". The two clap seems to trigger a cat to pay attention, like a Dog getting yanked with a choke collar. It took my current cat a full summer to learn the two clap, but it was worth it, if a cat is to be a indoor/outdoor cat...and you want to call them into the house, without waking up the neighborhood. On the occasion she is stubborn and won't listen, a shake of her Food cup with some food in it, always makes her Run back in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    I suspect you are very correct with this...Cats are triggered/alarmed quite easily with unexpected loud noises...and I imagine a cat will BOLT or freak out to a gun shot, I can't even imagine training that out of a cat?

I never got to shoot during the one season when the friendly farm cat was along for the hunt
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    They must be young cats and squirrels . . . taking "selfies" like that . . . . now the younger generation is rubbing off on the wildlife?

Vendor Sponsor

You got pictures of a catdashian
    always seeking a camera
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 10-10-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I think some can tell time also. I kept my step daughter's cat when she and my wife were gone for a week. After the first day he would wake me five min. before the clock went off and set on the bed and meow right before the time I usually went to bed.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    I think some can tell time also. I kept my step daughter's cat when she and my wife were gone for a week. After the first day he would wake me five min. before the clock went off and set on the bed and meow right before the time I usually went to bed.
    I know both my dogs can tell time.. At 5 minutes to 6PM they both start pacing and whining at the door .. closing time is at 6PM
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

My older rescue cat came trained to retrieve toys, sadly one time when I was sick for too long she lost that training. She knows her name and the word "Treats" will always get her wandering towards me; She wasn't really socialized when I got her at a year old, I've fostered so many that I fixed that. She now pats me on the face to ask for treats; Her sister in crime knows her name too, and cheek rubs things (Here it's usually the laptop's display) to ask for treats.

They put their paws up for ordering breakfast and dinner; On the "Catbinets", though the younger one has decided to use cheek rubs for that too, now - Which is fine. It's understandable, in context. Younger one just got up to ask for more treats now - They aren't spoiled, at all, riight! LOL

I love both cats and dogs, they're both great; Can't have a big mellow dog here though, unless I trained it as a Service Dog - And I don't have enough that it could do for me to make it doable, so I am waiting till I've moved to get one. Probably will get two, so they have a buddy.

Hoping the OP catches their gas thief, we've sorta hijacked this thread LOL

Time, LOL yeah I call it "Tummy o'clock" mine know JUST when it's breakfast or dinner time, seems like!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12