Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redding T-7 Turret

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfustyle View Post
    Priming system works fine on large primers. I have notice a few flipped primers with the small primers. All in all good set up
    Thanks. The primers are flipping inside the feed tube?

Boolit Master
    The T-7 looks like a excellent tool. I've a Lyman turret and also a P-W P 200 and I find the latter to be somewhat more convenient with straight-walled pistol ammunition. For sizing and case forming the Rock chunker is used.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

I run my lyman T2s by turning the turret until I remove a finished reload. I use a Dillon 550 powder measure set up on the turret so that it works as it does on a Dillon press. Use the ram to lift the case and it’s charged. I will say that the Lyman primer system needed tweeking by cutting chamfers on the primer cup and a chamfer on the bottoms of the shell holders to prevent the cup from occasionally hanging up on the edge of the center hole of the shell holder which would flip the primer. Work 100% now. With my mods I run my T-2 as fast as my Dillon.

Boolit Master

I have wonted one for some years... I have a bunch of presses and used a few more thru the years.

I almost bought the New Lyman American8 as its far cheaper and getting good reviews all with one more port hole!

Ill have one soon enough!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Never heard of Lyman’s new American8 press until I read this. Checked it out on utube. Looks nice to have more dies but my problem with it would be the primer system being in the way all the time. Thinking that I like my turret mounted primer tube system on my Lyman T2 better. Everything is out of the way until you need it and then it out of the way again. I see why folks prime off press. Mine did require some tweeking to run 100% but nowadays what doesn’t. Got two T2s, love them.

Boolit Master
    I don't mind handling primers. Every time I consider a hand-priming tool my carpal tunnel syndrome talks me out of it. Loading them into the primer cup one at a time isn't the worst thing I've had to do but it does slow things up a bit.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123