RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Full circle with my carry pistol...

Boolit Master

Full circle with my carry pistol...

Couple of years ago I was carrying a S&W M&P40c as my only carry pistol.

Loved it! Very accurate and ten rounds of .40 s&w was comforting. Decent trigger, handy size, great ergonomics.

But it was a little chunky and I started researching pocket guns.

Friend of mine needed a carry pistol but couldn't afford one. Sold him the M&P for $350 on a payment plan.

I bought a PC Shield and had a horrible experience. It had a flawed barrel and I sent it back to S&W. They kept it for months and returned it with a less flawed barrel.

Bought an XDS 40 and love it. But it only held 6 rounds.

I missed the extra rounds and bought a Taurus G2C for $200. Loved the size and twelve rounds of 9mm. Realized that I was grabbing it more often than the XDS when jumping into my UTV or pontoon boat for fishing.

But, it has a horrible trigger and I much prefer .40 S&W to 9mm.

So I started searching for a replacement. Liked G27, the P320sc, etc.

Wasn't planning on getting anything until next spring.

Then I learned about the new law in Washington being voted on next month. 1639 is a Marxist's dream.

Then I saw an email from CDNN for a new M&P40c with night sights for $349. Plus there's a $50 rebate from S&W.

Ordered it.

Hopefully I'll learn my lesson and keep this one.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Moderator Emeritus

Wish you well on your quest.....look forward to range reports and possibly pictures!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Thanks! I really hope this one shoots as well as the last one.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Picked up the new M&P40c from my FFL today. Stopped by a gravel pit on the way home to do some impromptu plinking. I'm very happy!

Functioned 100% out of the box with no prep.

Managed a couple of 5-shot groups at 7yds at around 1 1/4". That's the same or better than my XDS and G2c will do.

On a whim, I loaded up the last three rounds and backed up to my SUV and fired 3 shots off-hand at 20yds. Measured 1 5/8". I am impressed! The overall size is just barely bigger than my XDS and G2c...

Attachment 228989

Attachment 228990

Got it home and cleaned it up and mated it to my favorite holster, a Don Hume IWB in leather...

Attachment 228993

Boolit Grand Master
    What law are they trying to pass in Washington state?

I can relate to some degree. I just got a M and P 2.0 3.6” 40. Having the shortest possible grip was obviously not the reason I got it (and it doesn’t have it) as I have other guns that can fill that role. It is a 13+1 or 15+1 pistol. I just wanted something G19 sized with a thumb safety (everything I carry has a thumb safety) with a bit shorter barrel than a four inch for my preferred appendix carry.

I also shoot it better than the smaller variants. A 40 Shield bucks a bit in comparison, so for the extra power of the 40 I feel safe in declaring the larger M and P to be a better choice if you can carry it comfortably (cooler days). The shootability is more forgiving of less frequent than desirable practice frequency.

Given that rampant 9mm mania is everywhere to the point that the 40 is being slathered with heaps of scorn, much of it undeserved in my opinion, it is nice to know people other than myself will actually deliberately choose the bigger caliber.

Somehow the picture makes it look smaller than the XDS. Must be the light color of the XDS.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never mind. Looked it up. God help you.

I’m sure the criminals and such will go through the training, safe storage and waiting periods like they usually do just because they are supposed to now.

The mandatory training is a way for the state to keep track of who owns what, I am sure, and a way to tax gun owners, in effect.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Never mind. Looked it up. God help you.

I’m sure the criminals and such will go through the training, safe storage and waiting periods like they usually do just because they are supposed to now.

The mandatory training is a way for the state to keep track of who owns what, I am sure, and a way to tax gun owners, in effect.
    Yeah, the new law being proposed is ridiculous and treasonous. It is an absolute attack on law-abiding gun owners. If it indeed passes, I will be seeing how the inevitable court challenges go to see how soon I need to sell my house and move 10 miles East into Idaho. I refuse to live under tyranny.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I wonder if we can get an initiative put through that requires approval from the WA Supreme Court on any potential initiative that it appears, to them, to be Constitutional (in both the WA and US constitutions) before voter signatures can be collected? That'd fix that sort of BALONEY...