RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything

Thread: FWB 124 Sport

Boolit Buddy

FWB 124 Sport

Buddy of mine just bought a Feinwerkbau 124 Sport .177 Serial number range is 41XXX Wood is in good condition, rifle is missing both the front & rear sights. Previous owner had mounted a scope (assumed by my friend). Barrel has some exterior rust and some pitting. What would be a ballpark value (he wants to sell). I have a mint 124 that my late Father bought in the '80s.

rick

Boolit Master
    The rust will kill the value. If its a good shooter I would not pay more than 300.00

Boolit Buddy

Smile just a fyi,

I picked up a mint 124 a few yrs back for 150 at the local gun shop, and have seen them at 300 at gunshows, seems they are all over the place on pricing,
    best one of the month,

about unique and IMR unequal, They really did duplicate it, made it equally unobtainable

My last acquisition was an HW35 that needed some TLC on the wood. All the metal including the bore was perfect, I paid $60 for it. Since back in the day it was the direct competitor of the FWB 124 I think the prices should reflect that.

With no sights and in the shape you mentioned I wouldn't give more than $50-75 for it and that would be assuming that the rust wasn't too deep and would come off with steel wool. You can pretty well bet that whatever it looks like on the outside is a good indicator of what it looks like on the inside as well.

Also the sights on that gun would cost you a bunch to replace,,, If you could find them.

The biggest problem with used Airguns like this is that people don't consider them as nice as even cheap firearms and thus don't take care of them. It is a crying shame as guns of this caliber will outlast all but the most expensive rifles or shotguns.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com