RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Volquartsen Scorpion?

Boolit Master

Volquartsen Scorpion?

I am thinking about taking the 1400 dollar plunge on a Scorpion, and I am hoping for some actual owners to let me know if it is worth the money. I am not a professional target shooter but enjoy making small groups in the back yard and small holes in bunnies.

I am really wondering if they feed reliably. I will not own a gun that cannot digest many types of ammo. I am not expecting every type of subsonic load to feed every time, but I really don't want to worry about any of the popular brands of standard velocity shooting reliably.

I have also been thinking about the Browning Buck mark as another option. They only have a couple of options for suppressor threaded guns, but the options I have checked out all seem on the up and up.

Opinons? Money is not a concern. I am a notorious cheap bastard in every area of my life except firearms. I like the fine ones. However, I have a cz75 pre model b that is all beat to **** but is still one of the best guns I own. I like a deal, but function trumps cash any day in my book.

Boolit Master
    Haven't shot a Volquartsen Scorpion, but every Volquartsen rifle I have shot has been very reliable and very accurate..... I'm sure that would be the same for their pistols.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Thumbs down Don't Buy

I was somewhat shocked by the honest, enlightening & critical review by one sincere Scorpion owner who loves his gun but is disappointed.
    I watch one other video showing its superb 1 hole accuracy without any criticism of the gun being made by that owner at all.
    However this other owner is quite candid about how much cleaning the gun requires due to its deep rifling and rapid accumulation of lead in the grooves & crown.
    That was before his barrel was ringed (or bulged) by an out of battery event which also led him to need a new barrel to be installed.
    But because the barrel needs such constant attention, he doesn't want to shoot it as much anymore.
    He also complained about the lack of a detailed instruction manual.
    I wouldn't buy it after learning more about its difficult & constant cleaning regimen, and I generally like to clean my .22 target pistols.
    But cleaning the Scorpion model is just too problematic:--->>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REGz8_wDjCM

Hammerli semi-auto .22 target pistols didn't have the problem that this Scorpion model has. LOL!
    Last edited by arcticap; 10-04-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the response! Yup....I don't want a PIA .22.