Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: scrapped one

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va

scrapped one

well i always wondered how you could mess up a lee mold when leementing it . found out was using electric screw driver to polish it and thought an electric drill would work better forgot to reset the torque setting hit the trigger and the screw shot straight through the slug and into the mold . well at least they are only 20 dollars. i now have a new single cavity mold.

Moderator Emeritus

If it's straight you just hollowpointed it. Not the first and won't be the last.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned
    I'm always afraid of this. I double/triple check the setting on the drill clutch before I start the start really slow until the mold closes, clean the mold then proceed.

I used to pre-drill the holes in the boolits with a piece of tape wrapped around the drill bit determining the depth I wanted then cut the tip off the screw to help prevent any incursion past that depth.

To be 100% safe pour each boolit through a nut and use a socket to turn the boolit

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    To be 100% safe pour each boolit through a nut and use a socket to turn the boolit
    That's what I used to do with Lee moulds, until I quit buying them.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    That's what I used to do with Lee moulds, until I quit buying them.
    Was that a drive by gloat?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    it was not centered more to one side. centered the cavity in drill press and drilled it down till it was gone. now one cavity cast a 125 grain bullet with a nose the size of the lube groves. not sure what i will do with it. i guess i might try it in my 32 hr mag. but at least i still have one cavity to use. i use lee molds a lot because of the price. if i could afford it all my molds would be mp molds.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    Was that a drive by gloat?
    No, Just an honest answer. I have a number of Lee Moulds. I have had no need to purchase another one.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam