Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCBS is great

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS is great

I have an old 505 scale that had a broken balance leg.
    Plastic screw that levels the scale.
    Also can't find the pan and hanger.
    I emailed RCBS, but all I got was prices for the parts.
    I posted in the S&S to see if someone might have extra parts.
    On suggestions from good members here, I gave RCBS a call.
    I thought they might replace the broken part, but didn't expect them to replace the lost parts.
    All the parts are on the way, under warranty, no charge.
    RCBS customer service is second to none.
    Wish all businesses treated customers like them.

Boolit Buddy

I called them looking to purchase a hopper lid and drop tubes for a Uniflow measure that I bought on S&S here. They sent the parts out to me no charge. A great company that is deserving of my business.
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a used APS priming tool at a local sportsman swap. Found the priming punches and the
    plastic guides were missing, a call to RCBS and four days later I had the missing parts.

No proof of buying it did not have to send it back, RCBS supports their tooling and the
    handloaders that own their stuff.

Boolit Master
    Indeed! I purchased a lightly used "grand" came home one day and it was on the floor. The "shell plate" was bent....new one, no charge...no questions!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have a number of stories like this. Last year they "Warrantied" die parts from the 1970s. No questions asked, except for, "what is your mailing address." I feel sort of guilty asking a question. I've had them send me tools that I didnt own, to see if they'd work for me.

I buy with confidence.

Boolit Master
    I've had the same results contacting them by E mail.I asked for a price on a part and got a reply that the parts were in the mail.I have done it on several occasions.

Boolit Buddy
    Same story here great company

In Remembrance

How can you lose the wire bail handle from their 10 lb. cast iron dipper pot? I did! They replaced it at no charge and no questions asked about how the lose happened.Robert

Boolit Master

I like GREEN. If you gall it, maul it, mash it, or smash it, on purpose or by accident, RCBS will replace it, if it is still made or make you whole again another way, and they do it without asking those pesky embarrassing questions, as well as covering all the costs.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Same story again and again and I will add mine. Wanted to make a powder dropper stand and called RCBS to order the flat iron mount used to mount a dropper to a press. They took my address and sent it free of charge. I will always choose their equipment first.

I agree RCBS is hard to beat. Just started using my RCBS auto bench primer. Been using the LEE since the 70's and my old hands just can't do it with ease anymore. To be honest if I had tried the bench primer I would have switched long ago. Haven't used primer tubes in quiet a while. While filling the tube I got a primer lodged crooked in the white nylon end. Long story short the primer detonated (in a safe direction so no harm) but it did destroy the nylon end. Was surprised to start with as I sent 2 emails to RCBS with NO REPLY. The third one got through and they were very apologetic. Said a tech problem kept them from getting the first two. Needless to say a new primer tube is headed my way. FREE. You will never go wrong with RCBS
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tred1956 View Post
    While filling the tube I got a primer lodged crooked in the white nylon end. Long story short the primer detonated (in a safe direction so no harm) but it did destroy the nylon end.
    Whooweeeee! That'll raise the hair on your forearms and neck! Did that a time or two with a Lee Loader in 30-30 caliber, bangin' way too hard. No harm no foul. Live and learn. Wondering aloud if your tube had been full, would the primers have set one another off up the tube? Maybe a Myth Busters type investigation?

It was full, but I emptied it before I tried to remove it. And while I would not recommend it, it was surprisingly quiet. It did however GET MY ATTENTION. We must always remember as with a firearm to always keep everything pointed in a safe direction while handloading.
    Safe shooting and Handloading
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

I bought a set of 45 auto dies here, missing parts, but new. I called RCBS, and told them I bought the dies used, and needed seating plugs and a couple parts. They sent me the parts at no charge. Im not an RCBS only reloader, but I prefer them whenever they have what I need.

All typical testaments to RCBS' stellar customer service...

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Buddy
    +1, several times

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    couldn't agree more.

[QUOTE Wondering aloud if your tube had been full, would the primers have set one another off up the tube? Maybe a Myth Busters type investigation?[/QUOTE]

There's no need for a myth busters trial. The answer is yes, they will sympathetically detonate. All of them. I had it happen twice with an AmmoLoad motor driven machine, once with a full primer column and once with one that wasn't quite full. I think the primer column follower rod is still somewhere in orbit (or at least still in the attic of the range house).

There have been many reports of primer columns detonating, and they're not limited to any one brand of press, or priming mechanism. The priming compound, whether Lead Styphnate, DDNP or Federal's new Catalyst, is an explosive, and it will explode under the right conditions.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

100 primers (potentially) or ANY large quantity and an unintentional detonation at the bottom of a rather "thick" aluminum tube with all subsequent primers, or relative sample depending on the rate they exit the tube, plus the follower, showering the reloader and reloading room, not to mention the powder measure (if progressive loading), with sparks and hot metal pieces. That is a reloading day I don't want to experience and perhaps won't as I load primers in a separate step than the progressive loader...but I suppose that does not preclude an unintentional detonation in an RCBS Universal Bench Priming tool.

Boolit Mold
    I have owned RCBS presses , dies and scales for over 25 years and they are the best when taking care of there product. As original poster stated I have had them replace lost parts free of charge. No one better---Dillon a close second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast