WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: lining M-92 barrel to different caliber

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

lining M-92 barrel to different caliber

I acquired a WELL worn 1892 WIN rifle in 32-20 about which the best can be said of the bore is that the hole does go clear through. Ergo, I plan to install a liner. Given that the 32-20 is the parent case and I am rather keen on the 25-20, I was thinking of lining it and making it a 25-20. I have brass and a coffee can full of cast bullets from many years ago when I had a 25-20 M-92 carbine. I have the liner and reamer from when I was going to line the carbine barrel but never did.

However, the 32-20 is fun to shoot and I have plenty of brass and .32 molds so I'm sure I could find a bullet that would work. The down side is I would have to buy a liner and obtain a reamer.

Given the condition of the rifle, I don't believe I will hurt the value either way.

Your thoughts?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

I think since its not in great shape, I'd probably go for it. Since you like the .25-20, it makes sense to me.
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Buddy
    25-20 is a beautiful round. I love it. From what I hear brass is hard or expensive to come by, but I have a good stash. Sounds as though you're set for it too. I'd do it, I wish someone would make it available and more popular again with factory loads and rifles. It's a reloadable 22 lrf on one side and up to 2300 fps and more with 60gr pills.

Boolit Master

Think about what rate of twist you'd like in a 25-20 liner - Then check to see if liners are available in that twist rate. If you care about the rate of twist - That could help make your decision for you, especially if you don't like what is available
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

T.J.'s has 1 in 10" and 1 in 14" for the 25 caliber. The 32-20 is 1 in 16". For a faster twist on the 32 use the 30 Luger .