Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School bus stop trauma!!!

Boolit Master
    NyFirefighter357,been tailgated once here in louisiana. She was checking her paycheck and rear ended me. Told me she was on her way to forklift school. I told her if she drives like that she won't be driving forklifts very long. Had to see a lawyer to get her to pay for damages. Down here it's a steep fine for blocking the lanes when fire trucks,ambulances pass. You are supposed to pull off the road when they come. Yeah right. darn near got broadsided cause some fool didn't pull over and he figured I was just making room for him. NYC was bad,especially when it snowed. I used the grand central pkwy and LIE and used to wonder at the IQ of some drivers. Called it driving in snow 101. I worked rotating shifts 24/7/365 and seen some horrible accidents all because some idiot didn't stop or think what he or she was doing. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Most of those rocket jockeys think there "portant people". Along with loud mufflers, they are making sure you look to see who they are.
    The ones that make my day are the little old blue-haired ladies that are looking through the steering wheel at half the speed limit. I realize they are likely driving because they have no choice. Young folks may survive long enough to get to the same position in life if they outlive the stupid actions of inexperience.
    Funny how you know that no matter how big a hurry you're in, the first thing your gonna have to do is wait in line with all the rest that drove at break neck speed to get ther ahead of you.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I live in New England...I've always been taught that using a turn signal is like giving ammo to the enemy....If you turn it on...you WILL be cut off by someone wanting to get around you for the same turn faster than you're going.

So yes....I'm a bit inconsistent in my use of them...I have to admit.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    If you stop at a right turn signal you may get rear ended, you may slow down but stopping isn't an option.
    Stopping at red lights is optional.
    My wife slowed to a crawl and was still pulling up to a red light to make a right turn and a Jeep rear ended her going 50 mph.
    This was a couple of weeks ago. Totaled her Audi and it was just by Gods grace that neither her nor my 16 year old son were injured or even killed.
    He was on his phone we believe and never saw her slow down. My wife is feisty to put it mildly and gave him a earful when he came to check her.
    Glad she was mad at someone other than me for a change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12