Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who actually makes brass?

Boolit Mold
    Before retiring from driving truck in Feb., 2016 I had a dedicated route that started from a wiring harness producer in Warren, Ohio. From there the wire scrap went to Ft. Wayne, IN to be processed into a more manageable form. From Ft. Wayne it went to Buffalo, NY for smelting to be formed into different copper based products. Some of it was processed into copper billets/ingots, some of it was blended with zinc and other trace elements for different grades and types of brass. One of the other operations at this facility was making cartridge grade brass and the blanking/pre-form operations for cartridge cases. On a couple of different trips into this facility I noticed many Canadian pennies laying on the floor around the loading docks. The pennies always looked like they had been "beat-up". I asked about the pennies laying around and about the damaged condition, and they told me this. Canada had eliminated pennies from their currency and these were brought in to be smelted for the metal that was in them (copper coated zinc). They were de-faced to remove any monetary value and turned in scrap metal.

Boolit Master
    yup, that's true, we no longer have pennies.

Boolit Master

Starline actually makes brass for alot of companies. Hornady, Winchester, and others

Fiocchi recently made a bad batch of 223 55g fmj brass, got 300 rnds at a gunshow a couple months ago and shot it up with some friends, plus some my cousin bought at the same show, after picking up the brass and sorting into calibers, i found alot had split necks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12