Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Grips for 3 screw super blackhawk

Boolit Bub

Grips for 3 screw super blackhawk

I am looking for somewhere that I can find some grips for a old model 44 magnum Super Blackhawk. I would like to find a little bigger than standard set as my hands are pretty good sized, on the new models I have Hogue monogrips that I really like and I tried a set of those but they are smaller and not going to work. Also has anybody ever had the transfer bar conversion either bend or something so that it gets in the way of the firing pin and as you try and pull the hammer back, the action locks up? I’m not sure what is going on there and will try and pull it apart tomorrow to see what’s going on.

About a dozen of my Blackhawks are wearing Altamont grips, because like you, I have larger than normal hands. This is the link to the Super Blackhawk grips:

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...uperblackhawk/

Not only are the nice looking, but they fit well and won't break the bank..

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Oversized grips are usually a custom affair. LUCKILY,, for the Dragoon grip frame,, both old & new models,, will take the same grips.

As for the safety conversion kit,, double check the base pin. Often,, it needs to make sure it's fully seated to move the transfer bar up and not bind up. The base pin has a small plunger in the tip. Make sure it's not stuck.

Boolit Master
    My 3 screw SBH was fitted with an Old Army grip frame. Once fitted and blued, a local man made grips out of Purpleheart with Ruger medallions. I had the grips made rather wide for my large hands. The grip maker said the requests he gets are about 50 50 for wide vs. thin grips. I’m very happy however my .45 BH has checkered fancy walnut and I like the checkering. I don’t load my SBH super with hot red line loads so checkering would have been fine.

You might search for Bearpaw Grips. Good guy to work with,
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the info guys, I’ll look into those grip makers and yes it was the base pin, it had slid back just a bit and was fouling everything up.

I just recently sold a pair of Herrit Shooting Star walnut oversize grips for SBH. I liked the grips but
    have small hands, had them on the gun but never shot it. They filled in behind trigger guard too. I
    have herd guys with big hands get the trigger guard bite from SBHs.