Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: U-notch rear sight with brass bead front for Ruger ? ? ?

Boolit Buddy

U-notch rear sight with brass bead front for Ruger ? ? ?

I was in a gun shop over the weekend and took a fancy to a stainless Ruger Redhawk in 45LC. Still thinking I may go back and get it! Something that I really liked about this gun was the iron sights. . .there was a u-notched rear and a brass bead front. I was aiming it inside the store and then walked out the backdoor aiming through the wood lot and my eyes really seemed to pick up targets better. My iron sighted Rugers all have the square notched rear sights and I've been wanting to go to something different that I can see better (hit 46 and eyes are getting fuzzy). I've looked on the internet with no such luck. Anyone here on the forum know of where I can get a set of these for a Super Blackhawk Hunter. . .it excepts the same sight as on the Redhawk and GP100. Also, has anyone had experience with the Warren One Hole Sight? This too has my interest. I appreciate any feed back from you guys. Thanks.

Boolit Master

This may be what your looking for I have on my SBH and on my BH http://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/in...41e667837ba2fc
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Ruger used to sell them. They show up on that big online auction site every so often. See https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...36676900480.do

The gold bead front and peep rear sight make a great combo, but I prefer the v notch rear with the bead front for the field. I have an old set made by One Ragged Hole that works fine, no experience with the newer Warren sight.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    This may be what your looking for I have on my SBH and on my BH http://parts.bowenclassicarms.com/in...41e667837ba2fc
    I like the Bowen sight very much, but not so crazy about their front sight offerings and $99 is a little steep. But its from Bowen!

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    Ruger used to sell them. They show up on that big online auction site every so often. See https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...36676900480.do

The gold bead front and peep rear sight make a great combo, but I prefer the v notch rear with the bead front for the field. I have an old set made by One Ragged Hole that works fine, no experience with the newer Warren sight.
    These are the exact sights I'm looking for. . .why are they discontinued?!?!?!? Just my luck I guess.

Thank you guys for your efforts. Maybe someone will come along with a set they want to part with??? Fingers crossed.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Machine a 3/8 dovetail in the Ruger front sight base. Install a Marbles bead sight.

Cut the rear notch of the Ruger rear sight to a deep "U" shape with a round Swiss file.

You now have Paine sights.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.