RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: WOOOW! the 300 Ham'r !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    you have a heck of a parts pile if you had a gas tube laying around the same length as what wilson uses.
    Yes I do. I actually bought out an estate of a gunsmith and there are many AR parts from this. Below a pic of the parts-pile tube together with the tube from Wilson Combat. This weekend I’ll do more testing and hopefully the rifle will function as it should.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C5F51EE-D9C9-4ED8-A60D-C46B4C646DED.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	256229
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Sundog - started with a 31-168b for the ar10 and it worked great. When I got into BO I tried the same concept for the 31-142C (PB) worked good too. Changed the nose profile just a tad and eliminated the groove entirely (31-142D) - groove above GC does the job. Reduce the GC shank a couple thous. for Hornady's to fit easy. Been working with the pistol until the weather came south - I'll try posting some 100yd results with the carbine when temps go up and rain stops. Anyway the 142D feeds and chambers fine, is short for the mag (1.90 IIRC) - longer and the step jams. I size to 3085.
    Last edited by popper; 02-11-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Minor success today with NOE 311-152-SP (GC, Clear PC, .309) over 20.0/H116 @ OAL 2.250. Feed and function is good. Lock back is positive with Brownell's 5.56 20-rd mags. Primers look good. Fifty yard accuracy on the last five shots off hand was a 3" triangle.

Edit to add: that is with the MBUS sights.
    Last edited by sundog; 02-24-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Mold
    Wow! 123 posts, 10 that are actually from 4 apparent owners of 300 Ham'r, and 6 that are cast boolit related…..sad. Well, now its 124/11/5/7! All the recent talk about the ham'r is correct. It is exceptionally accurate with jacketed bullets. MOA 10 shot groups for me. Most loads shoot within 1 MOA of POI. Cast is still a work in progress though. The 1-15" twist is almost perfect for the cast boolit crowd. I have run the Lyman 115 GC carbine, the Lyman 130g Plain base carbine, and the 155 Lee GC bullets down my barrel already, all PC. So far all loads are 6 MOA or worse at 100, using a 24x optic to remove as much shooter error as possible. I will keep on trying, but I have had much more luck with the 300 BO shooting cast. Anyone else find a sweet spot of sub 3 MOA with cast in the Ham'r yet?
    Last edited by Mark1Mod0; 06-11-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Still prefer the 300 apache if a bolt gun.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post

This is wilson combat now, they will want to keep the barrels as a proprietary thing, which will restrict supply. Plus they will not be cheap, further depressing demand. How long will remington support an ammo they cant move? How many of their own ammos have they dumped after a few years?
    I jumped on board with Wilson when they brought out the 40WT, sending back 2 crap barrels later, I switched to a WOA barrel and am happy. For the suttle differences between the Ham"r and the 40WT, I won't be swapping out like I did for the 300 Whisper and 300 BO.

Mark1 - what load. I have BO 1:10 18" carbine and push 142gr PB PCd to 2100 and get MOA. What alloy? IMHO 1:15 may be too slow.
    Whatever!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567