Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: A Little Upgrade For Dillon Case Feeders...

Boolit Buddy

A Little Upgrade For Dillon Case Feeders...

Guys with single presses won't need this at all.
    Guys with Dillon Case feeders, using bullet feeders & lights on the top end of a tall progressive will have powered accessories.

[IMG][/IMG]

I found this quick & easy to do and the factory Dillon cord (16 AWG) supports low power devices like LED lights & bullet feeders.
    Upgrading the cord to say 12 AWG (larger wire) will support the trimmer & vacuum so the switch is handy for both since normally you will have vacuum & trimmer running at the same time.

[IMG][/IMG]

I got some low amp LED lights off eBay and wired them directly into the switch with one switched outlet available for this machine. It doesn't have 'Add Ons' that take power, so the switch is basically for the lights.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is pretty easy to do, takes about an hour your first time, and I took pictures on the last one I did.
    If there is any interest I can post directions...

Boolit Buddy
    We all know progressive machines stack up tall.
    This can be a pain in the butt when you need to move the machine, or to tear it down for maintenance.
    The easier things come apart & go back together, the easier it is on you!

[IMG][/IMG]

The second evolution of the Dillon Case feeder has a metal side (first & third/current are all plastic) so I use that metal side for magnets.

Lights & mirror are on magnets so the adjust easily and come on/off easily.
    It's a little idea that has worked well for me and someone might be able to use it.

[IMG][/IMG]

My eyes are old so I need extra light on the subject!

[IMG][/IMG]

I put outlets under my bench as each press and move collators around using them on various machines but looks like a good idea and execution.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Mr. Morris!
    My benches are mobile, I have to move them for work space, the reason for 'Work Stations' and not one big bench.

The convex mirrors let me see what's left in the bin from about anywhere in the room, and they are dirt cheap.
    CPVC heated & bent, wooden dowel rods in the straight parts to stiffen things up, Adel band clamps & magnets complete the mirrors, and since no power cord, they move from bin to bin & adjust stupid easy.

I just got the latest version of Dillon feeder, and the bin is back to all plastic.
    The magnets are so handy I'm going to screw sheet metal to the side of the new bin so I can use my magnetic stuff.
    I even had a bullet feeder stuck to the side of my case feeder, but it takes STRONG magnet to keep it on there, now I'm using a post for the bullet feeder.
    I wasn't crazy about the bullet feeder on the case feeder anyway.

1-1/4" wooden dowel rod cut double 45 degrees worked great for pistol bullets on this 3D printed bullet feeder bracket...

[IMG][/IMG]

When I switch from large to small bullet feeders the bowl just hooks into the bracket, gravity/weight holds it into place, nothing else needed...

[IMG][/IMG]

With the bowls, drop tubes (bullet size specific) being about $35 and motors $20, it's easier/quicker to change bowls when I switch for small diameter to large diameter bullets,
    And being mounted on the (removable) shelf behind the press, it all comes off when I need to get to the back of the press or drive hardware.

[IMG][/IMG]

Might not work for everyone, but it works for me when I need to take things down or make changes...

Boolit Master
    Nice work!
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Very cool , I like it!
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"