Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost stepped on a rattler today

How do you hold a NAA mini22 and get a shot on a rattler or any snake! IIRC it is NOT rated for snake shot.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I can afford snake boots now and wore them the other day when I went squirrel hunting. I remember a time many yrs ago while squirrel hunting, I saw a copper head in front of me. Only had my work Red Wings boots on. My thoughts were, I can dispatch this copper head with the heel of my boot. I stomped the copper head and felt something strike the side of my right boot. I was another copper head. I dispatched that one with my 12 Ga.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
    feral hogs will eat a rattler in a second...and feral hog population is exploding...and the rattlers are learning....
    Yup, you be right. A hog is a snakes worst nightmare. Also Road Runners. I once saw a Roar Runner going down an old country road with a snake in it's beak. I don't know what snake it had as it must have have doing at least 20 mph ahead of me then taking a hard right into the brush.

I once hunted deer on a ranch in Tx. They had a severe hog problem plus I saw at least 4 Road Runners that day while we where out riding around. The owner told me to watch for snakes while hunting. I laughed and said, you don't have any snake problems with the hogs and Road Runners that you have.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    How do you hold a NAA mini22 and get a shot on a rattler or any snake! IIRC it is NOT rated for snake shot.
    I owned a .22 LR/mag convertable NAA
    It can be done. Been there, done that

Boolit Buddy
    The naa mini 22 will work with shot cartridges. I have killed several rattlers with mine.Works fine long as you hit them on top of head. Does not work as good if he is looking at you and you shoot toward his face.They can be anywhere around here along with other dangerous snakes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123