RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Buck and ball load?

Boolit Bub

Buck and ball load?

I'm thinking about giving a buck and ball load of 3 00 buck under a .662 RB.
    Anyone tried this combo out?

I've got the thought it might make a great load for Boars.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Bub
    Not completely but strangely it might have given me an idea with my .690 RB on its own.
    If I was to trim the wad petals by 2/3-3/4 and sit the 690 RB on a nylon .8mm thick washer, then it would act like a doughnut wad and center the ball, there would be no petals getting crushed by the choke, and maybe a little paper patching around the ball or even patched like a muzzle loader might fix the problem I had with flyers.
    I had not considered putting a fiber buffer between the shot and the ball either.
    I wonder if a shot buffer might work the same and center the smaller ball better?

It got me thinking felt wad in a plastic was base, 3 .31 cal balls, shot buffer, .662 RB a little more buffer then a hard over shot card and a roll crimp.
    That might work.

Boolit Buddy
    690 round ball supported by a Gualandi LB12 Light Brush Wad seems to work if the column is well supported ....

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...all-Once-again

Boolit Bub
    Trouble will be finding them here, wads are thin on the ground and only really trap wads.
    But I will try and find some.

Boolit Bub
    I'm also thinking about not bothering with this buck and ball after all, I'd rather focus on getting my .662 RB going.
    I just picked up a mint Mex 600 junior press with 2000 wads and 10kg of shot for next to nothing, so I'm going to try star crimping my slugs and ball instead of roll crimping them and now I load my own hulls instead of converting trap shells so I might be able to squeeze a bit more accuracy out of them.