Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photobucket Caved

Moderator Emeritus

To late and to bad, I went to imgur and moved all my photos.

Boolit Master
    I stopped using their services long before the $400 stuff. I kept getting a worm every time I went to their site, informed them of it and they did nothing. Done and Done long time passing.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master
    Their move chapped my buns so badly I deleted every single thing and closed my account. I wouldn't go back to them if they offered to pay ME!

Boolit Master
    I stopped using them but I didn't pull my old pix. Maybe that means some of my old posts with pictures will now make sense again.

I'm not a communist so I'm not opposed to them making a profit, but I didn't feel like I was getting $400 worth of value out of posting a few pictures. I also had them make a 16x20 canvas print for me once and it was really nice. If the site has sped up a bit and I don't have to see ads I might be willing to pay a few bucks a month--it just seems fair.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    Never used PB, other than viewing old posts here trying to learn something. And I for one am **** glad none of your are going back. Giving hard earned money to PB would be like opening an account at Wells Fargo ….. Ppffffft …. C-ya !!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    If the site has sped up a bit and I don't have to see ads I might be willing to pay a few bucks a month--it just seems fair.
    I was on of their Pro members which I believe was $50 a year. Considering you give them the rights to your photos this is a fair price. I had no problem paying this price. They went from getting my money every year to getting nothing. Their loss, not mine.

I can’t tell you anything about their site. Their app worked great and there were no adds on it. Like a lot of companies they out more effort into the mobile side.

Boolit Master

To late to bad PB should die.

Moderator Emeritus

Today, I logged into photobucket for the first time in many many months to upload a couple photos for the current Castpic of the month contest. It's the first time since their changes that were suppose to take effect on Oct 10 2018. They required a email verification with no instructions or no Hot link, just a link. I cut and paste it into the address window...boom verified.

The uploading and copying a "img" link was easy and no Lag or Lockup. The Lag and Lockup used to be so common, even before their Big $400 ultimatum. Maybe they fixed their website?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned
    Maybe they ran off so many people there aren't enough people using it to cause lag/lock-up

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Maybe they ran off so many people there aren't enough people using it to cause lag/lock-up
    Winner!

I still use it, because of all the photos i have there. Its free so far.

New CEO is in charge now.

http://www.photobucket.com/joe1944usa

Last edited by 243winxb; 11-21-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Photobucket Caved

I can only assume that Flickr saw a large influx of users. Because they’ve decided to limit the free accounts and start charging a fee for certain features. I can’t blame them. But the fee is higher than what I was paying Photobucket and Flickr’s app is a joke. It doesn’t generate img tags. And you need to run a mobile browser in desktop mode to be able to generate them. I don’t understand why companies don’t understand how people use their services.

Banned
    I've had very good luck with IMGUR.

Boolit Buddy
    I like Flickr. I can take pics with my phone and they go straight to Flickr as locked photos.

I can then go to the app and unlock what I want to use.

Then head to the laptop and Flickr and copy the img tags to post on the forum.

Photobucket, I had to take the pic, move it to the laptop, upload it to photobucket, then copy the img tag.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Boolit Grand Master

Photobucket Caved

Quote Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
    Photobucket, I had to take the pic, move it to the laptop, upload it to photobucket, then copy the img tag.
    You were doing something wrong. Most likely didn’t give the Photobucket app access to your camera roll. It allowed direct download from your phone. And it generated a bunch of hotlink tags for different purposes w/in the app. Flickr has a lot more steps for posting pics to forums.

Boolit Buddy
    Flickr is pretty simple.

1st, I take the pic with the phone and it automatically uploads it to Flickr

2nd, I can either unlock the pics from my phone or the computer

3rd, I click on the pic I want and click the 'share' arrow

4th, a little screen pops up with several different ways to share it, just click on the one you want to use

5th, copy and paste the bbcode, I delete the tags outside of the img brackets, but it's not necessary.

Done.

With photobucket, the app never worked right for me. I could manually select photos to send to photobucket, but with Flickr it's automatic.

Everything else with photobucket is pretty similar to flickr, just a different layout design and Flickr's albums are more complicated to use.

Boolit Buddy
    As for the Flickr app, I haven't figured out how to get the img tags from it. All I've been able to successfully do when posting from the app is to get a hotlink.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    I've had very good luck with IMGUR.
    That's where I'm at also. Have been very happy.

Boolit Grand Master

Photobucket Caved

Quote Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
    As for the Flickr app, I haven't figured out how to get the img tags from it. All I've been able to successfully do when posting from the app is to get a hotlink.
    The app does not generate img links. No mobile version of Flickr will generate these. You have to run a desktop browser, or mobile browser in desktop mode, to generate the links. And even when you do this, copying them is a real pain due to the way mobile OS’s highlight words. Until they add this feature to the app Flickr will always be lacking.

As far as turning on auto upload, no way. I only do this to my personal server. I don’t want every photo I take being uploaded to a cloud service. Don’t have any in iCloud. Didn’t then the feature on for Dropbox. I’m selective of what pics I upload anywhere that I don’t have full control over. I know many people don’t have a problem uploading everything to the cloud. I’m not one of them.

Boolit Master

I'm happy to hear this as just about every forum I go to has a long running picture heavy thread ( or many such threads) that have been a trainwreck of broken pics since this stupid move. Now I can enjoy them again.

Not defending what PB did, holding people's pictures hostage was a real dick move.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12