WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: M500 Furniture ?'s

Boolit Master

M500 Furniture ?'s

Well now, after reading the discussion regarding longbow's search for a new shotgun, I had to get me one! Actually I'd been looking for one for awhile, kinda' miss not having a 20 ga. in the cabinet. I found a very gently used M500 at the LGS for $299 and brought it home. A friend remarked upon seeing it "If I knew you were lookin' I'd have sold you my old 12 ga. One thing led to another and it also came home with me. I wasn't especially looking for another 12 but when he mentioned it had THREE barrels, well hey, it sounded good to me.

It is a "combo" gun, M500A, 28" VR ported shot barrel with 4 tubes, a 24" cantilever rifled slug barrel and a 20" VR "Police" barrel threaded for tubes. My only problem with it is the LOP, 14.25"". A 13" pull fits me better, but this gun has plastic furniture. Numrich has oodles of wooden stocks and forends, BUT, my gun has a 7" forend and I'd really like a 9". My question is, will it fit? I know I'll need to pick up a forend wrench, no big deal, but will the longer forend fit this gun. It is a double bar, if that matters.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master

As far as I'm aware, the design never changed for the 500's. Any for end for a 500 should fit. You might not need to buy a wrench either. I remember taking the last one off with a flat piece of metal I found.

Boolit Master
    Try the Havlin Sales website for information on Mossberg 500 forearm length fitting concerns:

https://www.havlinsales.com/

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the design never changed for the 500's. Any for end for a 500 should fit. You might not need to buy a wrench either. I remember taking the last one off with a flat piece of metal I found.
    The design changed a little. The "quiet carry" forend added spring tension to the action bars, but they are interchangeable and use the same wood as the old ones.

As a result, there are a lot of the more rattly older version out there available as spare parts.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

RMc, many thanks for the link to Havlin Sales! Their prices are a little higher than Numrich but their website is much more detailed than Numrich's, at the least I'm sure I'm getting the parts I need.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown