Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver ...is down again

Moderator Emeritus

Silver ...is down again

Gold is down also.
    Silver is bouncing from 14.30 to 14.60
    December Silver futures are 14.58

http://www.kitco.com/news/2018-10-01...petite-Up.html

I'm thinking about buying some...Anyone else thinking the same?

My favorite type of silver to buy is Walker Half Dollars...they are currently going for around $125-ish per roll, which is about $35 cheaper than I paid in 2016, the last time silver was near a 'bottom' of a cycle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

GREAT!! I know where I'm headed.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

If they do not induce our labor today at 2 we are going to see our “guy” and buy some sliver, at these prices we may buy more than we planned. Even at 14 something an ounce it still fairs better than our property value of 401k durning the most recent unpleasantness. And sometimes I pile it up and sit on it and pretend I’m some emporer or old.

Boolit Master
    I buy some every few months. Although I am starting to think it might be years, even decades before I see the price get high enough to make a decent profit.
    My thoughts are when we have some extra cash we put some away in silver.
    Time will tell.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    My oldest son is the silver & gold buyer in the family. He just recently bought some more. I have not talked to him for a couple weeks, but he may be buying more right now as well.

Me?... I bought 500+ more pounds of lead about a month or so ago at a really really good price while I had the chance. So, no extra $$ for the other "valuable" metals for me right now.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

That's not ,so good news if one is already sitting on a few thousand bars.
    www.Amex.com has been very good to buy from for me.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 10-02-2018 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The price will stay low as long as the economy is good.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    I dont think it has anything to do with our economy. Prices of precious metals are artificially kept low to make our dollar look good. Anything to make $$$ look better. Silver is very heavily used in electronics, solar, batteries, medical etc etc very little gets recycled because of the low amounts used. Went to over $50/oz before and it will do it again just wait for those print presses to devalue dollar some more with the way we are going. One day people will open their eyes when dollar goes to **** and you will see lines at every jeweler in the area. I've seen it before in eastern europe where i grew up. My parents bought extra set of gold wedding bands and other jewelry back in the day in order to get away from inflating fiat money and we were broke growing up.

Wont take long neither once people get scared the run on precious metals will be crazy and price will more then double in a month just wait.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    The price will stay low as long as the economy is good.
    American politics swing back and forth Repub/Demcrat and so on.
    Trump has the strong economy right now, and making silver/gold price go down.
    But wait!! As soon as Trump is done I bet it will flip to a Dem, then watch the economy fail and silver prices skyrocket !!!!

Boolit Grand Master

I buy some on a monthly basis if not more often. I’ve been buying junk silver lately as it carries the lowest premium. Not the easiest to sell but dealers will still take it.

Truth is I’ve been buying less silver and putting more into the stock market. I realize these two markets are drastically different. But I’ve made a lot more on “pot stocks” over the last two months then I will probably ever make on silver. I keep it on hand as a hedge against inflation. And most of what I buy is numismatic. Very high premiums but they’re extremely easy to sell and they have an agreed upon value that doesn’t fluctuate like the spot price. If you look at numismatic Silver Eagles you will see their value increases the further you get away from the year minted. And the low mintage coins have a ridiculous ROI if you’re able to get them early on.

https://www.jmbullion.com/starter-pa...SAAEgK0KfD_BwE is where in the last 6 weeks we have brought 90 rounds..30 just rounds and 60 silver eagles since we had xtra $$$ to spend cause we arent doing any thing with me laid up in the recliner for a few months.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    My oldest son is the silver & gold buyer in the family. He just recently bought some more. I have not talked to him for a couple weeks, but he may be buying more right now as well.

Me?... I bought 500+ more pounds of lead about a month or so ago at a really really good price while I had the chance. So, no extra $$ for the other "valuable" metals for me right now.

In the right situation, that lead will be WAY more valuable than Silver!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by falmike View Post
    In the right situation, that lead will be WAY more valuable than Silver!
    I agree! It is actually of more value to me than silver & gold right now. It keeps me out of mischief too... Haha
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

I have been delaying, waiting to see if my brother is going to be able to sell most of Dad's farmland.

130 acres is my share, and price could be anywhere in the 3-4 grand per acre range.

If so, I'd buy a big chunk, but probably only a 5th or so of the total. Scatter the rest out where it would be reasonably safe and grow.

Last time I bought prices were very close to this range.
    I could have sold at 20 or near it but I really would like to see much more gain than that.
    Patience is a virtue.

Price is low is a good time to buy.

Boolit Master

I'd take the land over silver.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve been wanting to buy some for a while. Now is as good as ever to buy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    I'd take the land over silver.
    Me too.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

I have land so time to branch out.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Ten years ago I was talking to a girl who encouraged me to put my money in gold.
    I put it in the stock market instead.
    The price of gold is the same right now as it was ten years ago.
    The market has gone up a lot.

precious metals are always a "store" of value. The hedge against inflation more than any realistic hope for most of timing the market to make a profit. Lead and brass on the other hand are of use now, and likely to become more expensive, especially if the economy is doing well and industrial demand is high. Brass having a tin and copper content is effected by industrial and commercial demands even more than lead.

I bought a tea pot at a flea market, seemed like the lid might be pewter from the dark patina, price was low and weight was heavy so..... Getting it home I find it is labeled as 850 silver. That should mean 85% silver and if that is correct I will be converting that investment into cash. Where it will be re-invested in some other precious metals. Like aluminum mold(s), brass, primers or powder. Price I was quoted was around $8 an oz. as scrap silver. Two pound pot. Other than that I want my money in growth greater than inflation as stock funds or even annuities would or working to help me do something of use today.

Silver was really high when two rich brothers tried to buy up enough of the world supply to form a monopoly and when inflation was really high and interest rates were around 12%, or when the economy collapsed in 2007, all hopefully not going to happen again soon.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast