WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Mixed New Brass

Boolit Master

Mixed New Brass

I recently purchased 200 PPU 8x57 Mauser brass for forming. They came in 50 pack PPU bags . all had PPU headstamp. Mixed in was a New 6mm Remington with a Winchester Super Headstamp. This seems to be Clear that Most if not all new brass is manufactured by the same company.
    any one else notice this
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Grand Master

I would imagine a lot of the brass ( especially the older less volumne) is farmed out to shops that have the presses and dies set up a change of the headstamp inserts and it keeps stomping along.
    This is like in the 60-70s and 80s wether chevy ford or Chrysler almost all car bodies had the little id in the door opening "Body By Fisher".

Boolit Master
    I would suggest that only GM vehicles had the tag "Body by Fisher" The 5 Fisher bros and their coach works were part of the original GM. I would doubt that PPU and Winchester brass were made at the same plant. Probably got mixed in at where ever the brass was sorted into 50 round bags. You do know that 8x57 and 6mmRem are the same with one having a smaller neck.

Boolit Master
    I bought 5 boxes of Hansen 8X57 brass once. Most Hansen brass wS headstamped with the Cyrilic PPU.
    All the 8X57 in that batch wa headstamped IK for Igman. This was brown or rust colored Hansen boxes.
    Later I bought blue green Hansen 8X57 ammo and it was all headstamped PPU in normal font.
    EDG