RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: My PC revelation

My PC revelation

So, I got the fancy Eastwood PC machine...
    It turns out, that it is way faster and a lot less wasteful to just tumble PC...

Today I PC'd about 200 240 grn 44's and about 150 170 grn 30's in a couple hours. I was able to put about 75-100 240s on a tray to PC b/c I wasn't trying to coat them. Spraying them I can only do about 30 at a time.

At least now I can put away the PC gun, compressor and patience...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    It turns out, that it is way faster and a lot less wasteful to just tumble PC...

Today I PC'd about 200 240 grn 44's and about 150 170 grn 30's in a couple hours. I was able to put about 75-100 240s on a tray to PC b/c I wasn't trying to coat them. Spraying them I can only do about 30 at a time.

At least now I can put away the PC gun, compressor and patience...
    At least you can pc any parts, tools, or desk orbs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I sprayed PC on my first couple batches. I already had the Harbor Freight machine to coat motorcycle parts but hadn't exactly got around to it.

I haven't sprayed bullets in a long time, but the machine is cool for coating boat parts and dive weights and stuff.

Tumbling bullets is faster and easier for me. If you take the time to spray though, you'll get a smoother finish usually.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
    I sprayed PC on my first couple batches. I already had the Harbor Freight machine to coat motorcycle parts but hadn't exactly got around to it.

I haven't sprayed bullets in a long time, but the machine is cool for coating boat parts and dive weights and stuff.

Tumbling bullets is faster and easier for me. If you take the time to spray though, you'll get a smoother finish usually.
    This is true, but there is no way you can spray this many boolits on one tray with a good coat...
    My RED 45 cal 405's...
    Attachment 228210

I forgot to mention my OTHER PC revelation:
    I started going by Elvis Ammo's suggestion that you do not have to PC @ 400 degrees... I started PCing at 225 for 30 min and the coating is just as good but my boolits are still as hard as they were before PCing.

My disclaimer: I am using a Target special toaster oven I bought for $20. SO, it is very likely that the thing is still getting temps in the 3-400 degree range for short periods of time despite the setting of 225... But, when it goes DING, I can (quickly) pull the rack out by hand with no mitten.

Boolit Mold

Which Eastwood PC Machine are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox56 View Post
    Which Eastwood PC Machine are you referring to?
    It's this one:
    https://www.eastwood.com/dual-voltag...QaAjGNEALw_wcB

I like it and it works great. I have a little air compressor, so it was a fun little project putting together an adaptor for pressure regulation and a moisture filter.

Boolit Mold
    It's this one:
    https://www.eastwood.com/dual-voltag...QaAjGNEALw_wcB

I like it and it works great. I have a little air compressor, so it was a fun little project putting together an adaptor for pressure regulation and a moisture filter.
    How do you arrange the boolits for coating? Do you stand the boolits up individually on their base, then spray them evenly?

I still do it both ways. For the rifles, I still spray. I "feel" I get a more even coat. I have a tray that holds them and keeps the gas check are clean.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC Tray.jpg  

I hope this works I've played with both too. Sprayed is nice looking

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post

I still do it both ways. For the rifles, I still spray. I "feel" I get a more even coat. I have a tray that holds them and keeps the gas check are clean.

Greatly appreciated. Ok, I see how you did it now. When I saw the other picture with the red bullets, I wondered how come I didn't see any kind of overspray on the foil.

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox56 View Post
    Greatly appreciated. Ok, I see how you did it now. When I saw the other picture with the red bullets, I wondered how come I didn't see any kind of overspray on the foil.
    Those were mine - those boolits were tumbled. I agree that the coating is better when sprayed, but with those 45s I can bake about 30 sprayed vs I think there was about 70 or 80 on that tray.

Now I'm thinking... Maybe there's a happy medium where I set out a couple hundred boolits in a large container, spray them and then place them on the tray to bake... Then I can reclaim the overspray...