Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Latest Fouling Shot- Shooters World Powder

Boolit Master

Latest Fouling Shot- Shooters World Powder

Received my Sept-Oct Fouling Shot yesterday. In the early pages where miscellaneous subjects are covered is a short article on the possibility of Shooters World powders developing a replacement for SR-4759. I've got about 10 lbs of 4759 so don't need any now but since Shooters World is a new name to me, I am interested in other of their powders. This short article mentioned that their powders are of high quality. Feedback from users would help verify this.

I passed up a good deal on Shooters World powders from MidSouth a few weeks ago. I'm not too clear on the details but I think it was a special on HazMat. In looking through the info available on their powders, it shows a equivalence of of Shooters World Buffalo Rifle powder to Accurate 5744. While I wouldn't trust it exactly, I would hope that it might be close. The price is surely right.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Shooters World = Lovex. People in Europe are very familiar w/ their powders. I’ve read lots of good things about their Blackout powder. I have to many others to venture into trying their line of powders.

Boolit Master

Shooters world is the rebranded lovex powders. I have their Buffalo Bore which is a 5744 equivalent. It good stuff. I also like the marketing scheme and they are quite interactive with community relationships.

Price point is good also. They have a Tight Group equivalent and a Reloader 7 Equivalent. So pretty much every powder i use.

My normal supply of inexpensive is some times hit or miss with what i use. But, every gun show there is a distributor of Shooters world for 20 dollars a pound.

I have always wantes to use 4759 but it was discontinued before my time. I have always wished someone would formulate a powder specifically for cast bullets. From all reports that was the closest thing. If they produced it i wouldnt hesitate to pounce on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Actually 4759 was discontinued a few times and then brought back due to the demands of many shooters. Now it's gone for good. What I have will probably last until they shovel the dirt over me.Really a shame though as I and others consider it to be probably the best powder for reduced loads with either cast of jacketed loads. Never could get 5744 to work for me. That's why I stayed with 4759. Frank

I've used the Lovex powder and have had very good results. Blackout has worked as good or better than A 1680 for me and the Buffalo Rifle is excellent in my 45-70 loads. The price is right also. Gp

Boolit Master

It looks like I had better read up on Shooters World powders. I don't need any right now but it is good to have choices.
    John
    W.TN

A couple of months ago MidSouth had a free hazmat sale on Shooters World powder. I did some research, then took a chance and bought 5, 1lb bottles of their Tactical Rifle powder. They recommend it for 223, 30-30, 308. Of course, rolling my own, I tried it under cast in my AR. I've got the final 5 charge "contestants" waiting in a loading block, for time to send em. I was very happily surprised at the early results. Shooters World has a new fan!
    If the rest are anything like the Tactical, you won't be disappointed.
    Jon in Az
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!