RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Sizing PC boolets

Boolit Grand Master

Sizing PC boolets

So I've been having good luck with is............so far.
    Have done .30 for my M1 Carbine with good results.
    Tried some 6.5 for my Arisaka.
    Two different boolets.
    They did good, for the first time.
    I used a Lee sizer for the .30. But didn't have the correct size for the 6.5.
    I used the sizer I got from NOE.
    Seems to be working.
    Anyone else use the NOE instead of the Lee???
    Can the Lyman be used???
    With the holes, I would think not.

Boolit Master
    Use NOE sizing dies for sizing down cast bullets for paper patching.
    If a size not offered by Lee is required NOE is a good source for the desired busing size to be used with the NOE collection of busing holders.
    I use a .300 bushing to size for paper patch bullets for 30 caliber rounds, works good with a littl of the Lee lube applied.

Boolit Master

The NOE seems to be one of the best, but I don't have one.

The Lyman should work just fine as long as you don't have any pressure on the lube screw. Unless you want to put lube in the grooves.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I used a Lyman to size .3835 PCed bullets to .380 and .379 easily. Backed off any pressure on the lube screw. Wiped the die clean. I did have to put a very, very light coat of lube on the bullets so they'd slide in and out of the die easily. Then just wipe off the lube. Other than that there wasn't any issue. Read a thread where someone suggested spraying the bullets with Hornady case sizing lube.

Boolit Master
    The good thing about NOE is if the bushing says .308 it is .308, unlike Lee which may or may not be. The NOE is a system but it becomes affordable and even less expensive if you are doing several calibers, but I think the Lee is simpler to set up and use; both work so it's your choice. I cannot recommend the NOE nose sizing bushings, as it looks like a great idea, but is of no benefit.
    When I first got into PC I used my lube sizer, but I then started looking for ways to speed up the process. There is no reason not to use your lube sizer dies for sizing PC bullets the holes in the dies are not a problem, however if you size before PC you need to completely clean the lube as just a small amount will contaminate the bullets.

I have a NOE sizing die system with a full set of body and nose sizing bushings for 6mm, 6.5mm and 30 cal., I am using bore rider casting designs that are dimensionally undersized to make sizing easier with hard tough alloys. Body sizing bushings have a flare at entry and are just about as useful as Lee’s, but as Dragonheart reports NOEs are more precise. If you ever get into bore riders the nose punch is critical to using N type bushings. I also tried base first method with this system but punch is critical to preserving nose shape. Tried using them to seat GCs, doesn’t work. Bama has come up with an electrical conduit lube, Yellow 77, works great in pre PC sizing and is water soluble so it cleans up easily. With bore riders you have to pre-PC size, drive bands with B bushings and noses with N bushings often in 0.001 step sizes, plus post GC seating and then again post PC. But this process can help produce a bullet with enough concentricity to be long range accurate.