Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2PBcastcoTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Glen E. Fryxell Fans

Dang...I'm reading through this, and I've read and figured out parts of it before, but some of the finer details are getting filled in by this book. Thanks to both Glen and Robert for this book!
    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    .38 Spl, .357 Mag, .44 Spl/Mag, .45 Colt, and .22LR
    A true Liberal must by definition support the entire Constitution, and thus also the 2A, 100%. Any other position is inconsistent with liberalism.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, really a treasure - especially for us newbies.
    Thanks so much, Glen and Rick!

Pat

Boolit Buddy

Glen and Rob,
    What an awesome read. Thank you for furthering the art and science of our beloved craft.
    Regards,
    BorderBrewer
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Top notch work, gentlemen- if you decide to put it into print I'd be happy to buy a copy. Thank you for so freely sharing of your knowlege and experience!

Glen and Rick,
    I know I have said this before but thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us here and others. I am helping a young man start to cast bullets and I hope you don't mind If I print his off and give it to him to read.
    Thanks again, jmsj

Boolit Master

Thanks so much for making this available. Have to say that I would love to have it in hard book form. I do alot of reading in the horizontal position at the end of the day and just cant lug the computer moniter up to bed.. Never the less - VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Boolit Master

What a fantastic resource this book is. Thank you Glen, Robert and Rick!
    I'm only on Chapter 3 and I'll probably be glued to the monitor all day today.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

Rick, I'm just getting started on reading "A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners", but I don't do well reading from the monitor. What is required to be able to print a copy for my own use? I don't want to violate any copyright laws nor do I want to violate the rights of the authors. They have done a great service to the casting community as you have by putting it up on the LASC site.

John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

John, I'm no expert on copy right law but I don't see a problem printing it for your own use. On the other hand, it's not up to me to give or deny permission. Maybe Glen will chime in with better info.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Absolutely! I have no problem with folks printing out hard copies for their own reference.
    Glen

Boolit Master
    I wish the book was available in print because I'd like a couple of autographed copies...one for using and one to put next to my dog-eared autographed copy of SIXGUNS and between the John Taffin and Mike Venturino books.

Glenn is the first resource I recommend to questions over at marlinowners. He has saved a lot of people from "re-inventing the wheel" and getting discouraged with MARLIN rifles using cast boolits.

For a future project, I'd suggest articles on the RANCH DOG boolits and using LEE LIQUID ALOX for the new...and financially challenged!...boolit casters.

Thank you again sir.

Boolit Grand Master

Now that Glen has given permission to print (for your own use, only, of course) I would like to make a comment or two on printing. Obviously, I only have a couple of printers, so I can only speak for my equipment (but suspect it will apply to most of you who want to print out a copy).

It is easy to print, if you only wish to print on one side of the page. However, I was NOT able to do "booklet" printing (using both sides of the page, because the "book" has not been formatted for printing (but for screen use). The only way I could figure out how to print in book form would be to print everything out on one side of the page. Then, after you have all the pages done, then re-copy everything in "two sided". That would take a week of work and I am not prepared to do that.

On the other hand, if you can accept one sided printing, it is a piece of cake.

Dale53

Boolit Master

I'm only printing one side. Paper is cheap. Ink is expensive and you use the same amount, one side or both sides.

As luck would have it, I ran out of paper one page short of ten chapters. Oh well! They will keep me busy until I can go to the store and stock up on paper and more black ink.

When I retired, I took a comb binding machine with me. It was kind of quirky so they replaced it with one that always worked. I gave it to the small local library. I have full access and plan to make a "real" book. All it takes is patience.

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors View Post
    ...Wow, really a treasure - especially for us newbies.
    Thanks so much, Glen and Rick! Pat...
    Lots of good reading for all shooters, old and new. If you don't find something interesting on each page, perhaps you need a different hobby. I like that Glen has taken the time to write and make available some of his knowledge in a way that I enjoy. I don't get as much range time as I would like so I get to go to the range and watch over the shoulder of others. Thanks for taking me!
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Grand Master

Ok, several of you aked for it, here it is.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners by Glen E. Fryxell and Robert L. Applegate, in pdf for your printing pleasure. Four days ago I couldn't even spell pdf, now I did one .

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

Enjoy!

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Rick, you are a stud! Thank you for all you've done to make this happen.
    Glen

Boolit Mold
    Glen,

Thanks for the many articles you've written which I've read on LASC. It's well written, logical and easy to follow your reasoning and conclusions. I'm one of those folks who doesn't want the answer, I want to know WHY it's the answer. Your stuff does that.

Boolit Buddy
    At home recovering from knee surgery. Perfect opportunity to read this while recovering. Also watching Guns and Ammo TV. OUCH, they just burried a Sharps in dirt and gravel. It still shot but made my stomach sick to watch sratching up a beautiful rifle.

PS Rick thanks for the PDF printer friendly version.

Boolit Master

I have read some of Glen's work prior to this latest book "From Ingot to Target...". I have just begun reading this work. All I can say is WOW! What a treasure of insight, information, experience, knowledge, and help this is going to be. I plan to read it all as time permits. Thank you Glen & Robert for your willingness to share such a monumental work with us.

Printed it (at work....tehehe) yesterday. GREAT read even for those of us that don't shoot handguns. Well done team.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast