Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Glen E. Fryxell Fans

Boolit Buddy
    Great! Thanks Rick!
    Pat

Boolit Grand Master

From Ingot to Target is now available in both html (web page) and pdf formats.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, html:

From Ingot to Target:
    A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 05-13-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

cbrick;

Thanks for all of your work in getting this monumental work to the shooter in an easily printed format.

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

A new hunting article from Glen on his best friends .45 Colt Bisley Blackhawk.

This Ones For You, Lyle (in html)
    This Ones For You, Lyle (in pdf)

Complete Glen E. Fryxell Article Index on LASC -- Index in pdf

That's 61 articles (and counting) plus the book posted now.

Enjoy,

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 04-20-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added article Index link
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Once I finally got around to printing out the book from the pdf file I discovered that its much easier to spot formatting errors on paper than a computer screen. I also discovered that pictures that look fine on the computer, well not so much printed on plain paper. I went through the entire book line by line fixing the errors and making many of the pictures larger.

I printed the book a second time and found even more errors and the pictures while better still weren't quite there. I went through the entire book yet again and made many of the pictures larger and fixed more formatting errors. It should be noted that the formatting errors were mine in converting the original document to html and then using the html to go to pdf. The text is of course still the same, Glen's work remained intact through all of this.

Third printing looks much better. Its embarassing to me how poor the very first publishing looked compared to now. The point of this story is . . . Anyone that has printed an earlier version and wants to keep this book as a permenant part of their library may want to invest the ink to print a new book. A work this exceptional deserves to look its best and I may be close now.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Rick, I really appreciate all of the hard work you've put in to making this happen, I could not have done it without you. Thanks!
    Glen

Boolit Grand Master

Glen and Rick;
    I, amongst many, I am sure, appreciate your work more than you can know.

Thank you both!

Dale53

Boolit Master

Rick, You're killing my ink and paper budget. This will make 3 times I've printed the book. At least there are those that I can give the first two copies. Great work and thanks.

John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Glen just returned from another hunt and there's a new article on it and the 10mm HP.

The 10mm Eckman Hollow Point

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Thank you for posting that Rick. You sure do a nice job of formatting the "gemisch" of stuff I send you!

It looks like this will be the last trip I make to this particular ranch as I don't care for the way the new owner does business, but I sure enjoyed hunting with John and Kyle. Time to start researching other options for off-season places to hunt!
    Glen

Glen,I'm sure you will let Rick know what you're able to find, hopefully he'll relate it back to me. I was looking to take a trip next year to Clover Creek to hunt pigs with a couple of friends. Rick and I had a couple of discussions about it.
    With what you have said about the recent owner change, and getting the price of your ram jacked up, I doubt it will be there.
    Little do the current owners know, them screwing you around just cost them about $3000 that they wont be getting from me and my friends.
    Thanks for another great article, and sorry for the loss of your friend Lyle.
    Justin

Boolit Man
    Very cool site and list of articles Glen. It is nice to see a writer that is more interested in supporting the sport and helping to educate us, than just interested in writing for the money. I am very thankful for your contributions.

Thanks,
    Greebe

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    I used a factory 454424 HP mould to cast those bullets. There aren't very many of those around, so if you want one you might want to consider getting a 454424 converted to drop HPs.

PS -- Buckshot does beautiful work HP-ing moulds. In addition, I just learned of this new service in Oregon for HP-ing moulds: http://www.hollowpointmold.com/
    I had the service done on a 358429 by the Oregon HP'ing Gentleman. Very pleased with the work and he used real nice wood.

Boolit Grand Master

A new article from Glen on the The 358477 HP mould.

The 358477 HP By: Glen E. Fryxell

Complete index of articles by Glen at lasc.us

The Cast Bullet / Hunting Articles Of Glen E. Fryxell

Complete index to all authors/articles at lasc.us

Complete Index to all articles at lasc.us in pdf

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

A new article from Glen. Experimenting with HP's in the 44 Special.

Further experiments with cast hollow-points in the .44 Special By: Glen E. Fryxell

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    This may be the absolute best book about "the Nuts & Bolts of assembling loads for revolvers (and pistols)" that has been written in decades.

thanks,

Rich
    45 Long Colt Shooter.

Boolit Master

Glens book

Thanks for that great link glens book ,being a new caster it has great facts and asnswered alot of my ?.

Rick has posted another article, this one on a pair of fine truncated cone hollow points, designed for use in semi-autos.

http://www.lasc.us/FryxellNewOptionLEE2CavHP.htm
    Glen

Boolit Grand Master

Another excellent article!

Thank you, kind sir!

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Great article, go Wolfpack.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast