RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: 43 Egyptian brass

Boolit Mold

43 Egyptian brass

Couple of years back I bought a 43 Egyptian saddle ring carbine. Bore and chamber are great but it needs a stock and new rear sight. I would love to shoot it eventually after its cleaned up and restocked but I don't want to pay $250 for a set of dies I would use to form some brass and then never need them again. When I needed brass for my Tabatiere I found someone who formed be a box from brass shotgun shells I bought. I'll probably never need anymore. So my question is if I bought parent brass is there someone out there who would be willing to form the brass for me. I have the 45 ACP and 45 Long Colt dies for the neck sizing and I can buy the mold for casting bullets.

Another question, can you anneal parent brass and force it into the chamber to make the brass.
    Last edited by Longarmed; 04-19-2020 at 08:25 PM.

If I were to do it again, I would buy the above brass. I cut and formed 32 gauge shotgun brass with various dies on hand. When finally done, the rim is a wee bit undersized and sometimes slips past the extractor. 50 sharps brass from buffalo arms has a bigger heavier rim. I am shooting unique and a downsized 45-70 bullet at .451 diameter. My rifle is well worn outside but the bore is mint and it shoots wonderful.

Boolit Buddy
    Beaumont cases will work. Check the Gunboards WTS forum, a guy who uses moniker "LGM" sells that brass, reformed from 50-90.
    Xring also sells reformed Beaumont brass. https://www.patreon.com/posts/x-ring-services-10575629

Lee makes dies on a custom order