Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor County Wisconsin

Boolit Bub

Taylor County Wisconsin

Tomorrow, my son and I fly into Wisconsin for a bear hunt. Any of you enablers live there? The guide seems nice and I expect it to be beautiful country.

Boolit Buddy
    Must be heading up north for bears? Around Green Bay the leaves are just barely starting to change so I’m assuming up there should be a little more colorful, hopefully anyway, it’ll be nice for you and your son.

Enjoy your time here! I’m guessing it’ll be upper 50’s maybe into the 60’s tops. -Brad

Boolit Bub
    Yes. Flying into Rhinelander, but hunting in Westboro. The guide seems like a nice guy. Looking forward to seeing this part of the country.
    The backstory: My ex is a cancer survivor and she and my son volunteered at a camp for children with terminally ill parents or with severe illnesses or disabilities themselves. He was given a bear hunt and I will be along with him. I have never hunted bear, but I am excited for him to have the chance.

Boolit Master

Eat some sausage and cheese for me! Don't forget to wash it down with a fine brew!

Boolit Master
    Best of Luck! with your hunt!

The time ya spend together is going to be a great part of memories to share in the future!

Have a or two & a fine meal while you are up & enjoy your hunt together!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Forgot to mention, deer bow season opened a couple weekends ago, so be careful out there! -Brad

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Did you put in for the draw? Wonder how that works with tags? I don't believe its legal for a guide to get and transfer tags here, I believe it's up to the hunter to draw unless things have recently changed. My friends wife was drawn last year. After we did some research with the DNR she found out she could...and transferred the tag to her son 12 year old son. I believe the stipulations were you can legally transfer your tag to a youth, someone who has a disability, or someone who serves in the US military or a vet. Anyways, good luck! Keep us posted! Are sitting or running dogs? Seasons been open for almost a month now and sitters were first I believe this year. You could have came a few days early and hit Octoberfest. We have the 2nd biggest one in the world. Germany is the first of course.

Get a big one and posts pics!!!
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-28-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Boolit Master

pack a bug suit I cant walk out in my backyard the Mosquitoes are so bad I can only Imagine how bad they are behind the Cheddar curtain
    and good luck on your hunt
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Mosquitoes are going to be cold tonight, as first frost predicted tonight.

...and youth deer hunting next weekend which screws up bow hunting
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-29-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm getting a hankering for a few ice cold spotted cows.....

Boolit Master

I'm going through New galerus next weekend on my way to Genoa for some walleye fishing may have to pick up a 12 pack

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    I'm going through New galerus next weekend on my way to Genoa for some walleye fishing may have to pick up a 12 pack
    Nice!

Banned
    I live in Stevens Point. About an hour and a half south of Rinelander. I have never been to Westboro. That area is kind of sparse. Probably good for Bear. I don't think it would be good for anything else except maybe wold and coyotes. Rinelander is more to my liking. Being a fisherman and a deer hunter. I am sure there are deer in Westboro but probably not as dense of a population.
    Don't worry about mosquitoes. They are done this far north. TAKE WARM CLOTHES. It MAY be colder than any mid winter you have seen in GA.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    You'll be fighting the Amish for the fish.lol

I live approx 25 min away from the dam and my hunting property is about 15 min east from there. I'm going out hang a new stand in the morning. At least you are comming down after the flood.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    You'll be fighting the Amish for the fish.lol

I live approx 25 min away from the dam and my hunting property is about 15 min east from there. I'm going out hang a new stand in the morning. At least you are comming down after the flood.
    LOL Ya I know I'll be bringing my boat I have been fishing up there for a long time now

Boolit Man
    Don’t pass up the spotted cow!

Boolit Bub
    I am home. My son got a small bear Saturday. I was amazed at just how beautiful the area was. I also met some of the finest people on earth.

Awesome! Post a pic. The average bear harvested in WI is around 165 lbs per a few years back when I checked so tell him he beat the odds...he harvested a bear! My first WI bear was a 220lb sow and I shot my 2nd a few years back. It was a 7'2" boar that was around 350lbs. I put 9 days on stand and it was the end of the second weekend when the first and only bear finally came in. It was the last couple minutes of legal shooting light and I thought it was a small 100lb cub...but I didn't care and wanted to harvest a bear. I was tickled when I found it in the pitch black with my flashlight 20 min later. It made it 40 yards after I double lunged it with my 300 RUM and a 200gr partition. We took my buddy's boy to bear hunt the same area last year four weekends in a row and never saw one bear. We had them on camera all times of the day but come season they disappeared.

Banned

yup you have to hunt down some cheese curds. Every time I go to Wisconson I bring some back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Eat some sausage and cheese for me! Don't forget to wash it down with a fine brew!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast