Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: October 2018, Contest topic: Equipment Reviews and Discussion

Moderator Emeritus

October 2018, Contest topic: Equipment Reviews and Discussion

October 2018
    Contest topic: Equipment Reviews and Discussion (as in, equipment used in activities that is related to castboolit activity)

Gun Leather, Knives, Chronograph's, Scope's and various other shooting sundries.

New contest format. New rules. See link for rules.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...90#post2797390

I am using the individual forum titles as the monthly topics (going from the top down).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

FYI, Sept was skipped for personal reasons.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Well I'm no snowflake about going first.
    Subject equipt is the manual operated Master Caster from Magma Engineering out of Arizona.
    I got this back in 2011 or so and have been using it as designed and for the intended purpose. A while back I started to get into some rather high grain weight boolits that the molds I wanted to use just were not configured to function in this type of casting machine, so in talking with Eric at Magma he informed me that I could get the additional base that is used in the Master Pot since I already had the Master Caster and the pot from my unit is what is used. All that was needed was the base stand and with the removal of two bolts the switch to the other stand was done. Adjustments are needed depending on what type of mold you are going to be using on this bottom pour unit, but nothing too complicated and it worked without any issues for all of my hand handled single and double cavity molds., like anything else first time runs and adjustments always take more time that after the learning curve is less steep. I really like the large capacity pot and the ability to get it up to 900 degrees if needed, mostly cast around 800 for me, but it sure is nice when doing lots of 500 or larger grain boolits. A one or two hole orifice is available for this machine. Here are some images of my unit. It has been great to have this machine over the last 7 or so years and I cannot remember how many thousands of boolits that have been cast on it without a single issue. My hats off to Eric and Magma for putting together such a great and versatile piece of equipment.

Boolit Master
    Well I cannot complain about the Lee Bullet Melting Pots. I have used them for many years with good results. I have a couple of them, one is a basic model that I got more than 30 years ago, and the one in the pic is only a couple of years old. Granted the pots don't hold a lot of lead, which is only a issue if you are casting the bigger more heavier bullets. Then the pot empties down pretty quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waiting_on_the_pot.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	229110

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181018_161901.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	229132

I've been smelting some roof jacks into ingots lately.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    ~Ben Franklin

Boolit Master
    OOOO!, I got envy from seeing all of that lead too.