Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought two boxes of Remington ammo loaded with three different primers!

Boolit Grand Master

Lots of panties getting all knotted up....save the outrage for something important.
    Color is different....how do they shoot....
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    a couple of them have an interesting "witness" mark on the case head around the primer pocket edge...Something wrong there, IMHO.
    It looks to me like this ammo comes from different machines with brass and primers from different sources. I would not call this ammo from the same lot.
    Loss of lot control is unacceptable per USMC RSO training.

Boolit Master
    I wouldn't shoot it. I would contact Remington to complain. Demand a swap.

Boolit Buddy

Does the other end match? Tooling marks on the sides?
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Boolit Master
    It would also be interesting to weigh the powder charges, and case weights, and the velocity differences.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Lots of panties getting all knotted up....save the outrage for something important.
    Color is different....how do they shoot....
    Gary

If you read post #17 you could have saved the smart Alec reply...you must have been only been reading what you wanted to hear, or skimming...like my dad. Lol...what?...lol

Remington went from sending a fed ex truck to the house directly to pick up the ammo to asking my buddy to take it to fed ex to ship it himself. He called and raised heck twice. The rep said they have tried to email him a label but Remington said his email keeps getting kicked back to them. I told Remington I could just email photos and a receipt for him so they could either send replacement ammo but they avoided the question and said they would keep trying to email it. That was a three days ago and nothing has shown up for emails.

Boolit Master
    A few years ago I knew a fellow who was picking the fired brass at a Remington facility. He told me that the amount of testing their loaded ammo dried down to a trickle. That tell us something?

I bought a LOT of brass from him and every now and then I find a casing that is just plain scarry. Now this scarry stuff goes right into the sales chain.

If I had the ammo in question I would NOT write it off and shoot it, I would be raising alarms and send it back.

At the minimum, changing primers in a load changes point of impact. That’s what we handloaders do ..... we change components up until we get better accuracy. Along the way we treat each change as a different load and go back to a lower charge and work up. We watch for signs of over pressure and record the resulting changes while also noting the point of impact shifts.

So even if we trust Remington to have tested the pressure differences and accounting for them (powder charge adjustments), we do not have the point of impact shifts accounted for.

“What’s in your Gun”?

Three44s

Boolit Master

This reminds me of when they were having problems with random firing in reference to.the trigger groups in the 700's. But that's another saga.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

i personally wont buy remingturd ammo. they have the worst quality control in the industry.

Boolit Master
    Chill, guys, Remington is only trying to match their reputation for quality control and manufacturing they earned through the Walker trigger, their refusal to correct the Walker trigger until a court ordered this to be done, and their manufacture of the Remlin line of rifles. Color this summary purple.

Boolit Master

I don't buy factory loaded ammo.
    I control the end results of what I make!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

After several bad experiences with Remington in the last couple of years , they are the LAST company I'd spend money with. They have no Q.C. and a bad attitude about fixing things that they send out knowing it's not right. I'm DONE with Remington. Gp

Remington still hasn't emailed the return label. I'll bet my buddy ends up just shooting them. Remington kept telling him they have a tracking number from fed ex when they processed the label but can't find it to email him. What a bunch of BS.

Boolit Master

Welcome to corporate capitalism.

Pride in your product and seeking customer satisfaction have been replaced by worshipping profits and numbers.

Why should any company actually care anymore. Americans are too lazy to even stop buying products and services by companies that hate them.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12