Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone casting for the CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39

Boolit Buddy

Anyone casting for the CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39

I just put a deposit down for a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62x39.

Does anyone cast for this rifle or caliber?

What molds have you had success with?

Boolit Master
    A while back a now banned member was posting pictures of targets showing one large hole at 100 yards. Here is a cut and paste of one of our private messages. He was using H335 and Lee Mold. I probably have more on his load somewhere.

" Re: C309-150-F & CZ 527

I think that you will find that Lee rifle moulds drop boolits .002"-.003" over the nominal diameter. I have (3) of that design of which (2) are double cavity and recent, and the other is a single cavity and 10+ years old. They all drop boolits in the .311"-.3125" range. The single cavity happens to drop right at .312", but the rifle groups better with the GC crimped on in the .313" die than in the .312" die. Rifles often shoot there best groups with boolits .001-.002" over groove diameter. My rifle has a .3125" throat, but the neck will allow larger boolits to be seated. I seat min out so that the narrow fron band is lightly engaging the rifling. This makes for an almost tapered fit, and the rifle has responded to it accordingly. I use a very small amount of lube(home brew) that fills the small groove ahed of the GC only. Other rifles may prefer more lube, or other lubes may notact the same way and require more grooves to be filled."

Boolit Master

Be sure to post some pics when you get it! It was a close runner up to the Ruger 77/357 I ended up getting.
    Last edited by Silvercreek Farmer; 09-29-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Some years back I started a thread on casting for mine. Lots of info. Search for threads started by me.

Some years back I started a thread on casting for mine. Lots of info.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...piness-finally!

Boolit Buddy
    I am casting for a Ruger 77 in 762x39. The Lee 150 f powder coated shoots great out of mine. My Ruger bore slugs at .3085 your cz may be a good bit bigger

Boolit Bub
    @kycrawler what powder coating method/powder do you use? @CamoWhamo, when you slug yours, could you post the diameter. This setup also interests me.