Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: 10mm AR

Boolit Master

10mm AR

Does anyone else see a need for a rimmed 10mm cartridge that will work in the S&W 610, Ruger SRH or Gp-100? Maybe we could get Starline to make it?

Boolit Master

41mag pretty much does what your looking for.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    41mag pretty much does what your looking for.
    LoL! But then I’d need to buy a .41 Magnum revolver too. It’d be easier to buy 500 pieces of 10mm AR brass to go with the gun I already own. AND shoot boolits from the .401” molds I have on the shelf. The .41 Mag is a great cartridge but not what I need.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, Ruger is making the SRH 10mm, but uses clips.

Boolit Master

There is a precedence for it, with the 45 ACP/45 AutoRim. The question is, do all the clip systems (S&W and the Rugers) use the same thickness of material for the clips? Clip thickness + 10mm Auto rim thickness = 10mm AR rim thickness. Unless all the 10mm revolvers just happen to use the same distance between the rear of the cylinder and the recoil shield, this project is pretty well doomed.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    The 45 AR came about due to the large demand with so many surplus guns on the market and a lack of the moon clips. Doubt there is near the demand for a 10mm AR for a company to make it. AR is a proprietary thing, not made from something readily available like most cases are. And the only thing it would fit, is the rather scarce 10mm revolvers. Even the 45 version is not easy to find at times. Many gun owners have never even heard of it, my local gun shop got that look when I mentioned it, a whositswhatsnow.

Boolit Master
    I’m using Ranch Products moon clips for the S&W mdl 646 in my 3” GP-100. But since the 10mm headspaces on the case mouth the rim only needs to be there for ejection. There have got to be more 10mm revolvers out there than .41 Special revolvers. The S&W 610, Ruger SRH and GP-100 along with the custom 10s built on Security Sixs and GP-100s will all be pretty close. I don’t know how it would work with the 10mm Blackhawk revolvers.

I’d think Starline could sell enough of the 10mmAR to be worth their while.
    Last edited by Rick R; 09-25-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Boolit Master
    I bought a bunch of 45 AR brass for my Thunder Ranch 45 revolver. Wish I would have just stuck with the moon clips. I just ordered a GP100 10mm and will use moon clips for that gun as long as you do not bend those clips they are reliable. Remember a few years ago 10mm brass was tough to come by. Now to ask them to make a even more rare version might be a tough task.

Boolit Master
    Ramjet-ss

Did you get the 3” or 4” GP-100?
    The OEM Ruger clips are usable without tools to moon and de-moon but pretty bendy and I wouldn’t trust them for pocket carry. The Ranch Products clips for the 646 are 8 for $9 from Midway and you need a de-mooner but they can be mooned by hand or with pliers. My gun has been 100% with un-mooned loose rounds too. The empty’s flick out pretty easily with a fingernail.

10mmAR would be a neat to have as an option but I can enjoy the little cannon without them.

Boolit Master
    3" and I ordered the Ranch clips and have a de-mooner, re-mooner. My plan is to load it with 200 grain WFN over a dose of Power Pistol.

Boolit Master
    I have a 200gn WFN mold from NOE that my GP-100 seems to like. It puts them right on the tip of the front sight at 25 yards in much tighter groups than I got with 175gr swc or 180 jacketed bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    If I had a double action 10mm revolver I would be interested, but rimless brass works fine in my single action. I find a 10mm revolver to be the caterpillar's spats, but I believe it to be a niche market with insufficient demand to justify marketing a rimmed case. For every shootist who shares my favorable opinion, there are a thousand who could care less about 10mm revolvers, and for that matter, about revolvers in general, or any handgun not made from black tupperware.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I have a 200gn WFN mold from NOE that my GP-100 seems to like. It puts them right on the tip of the front sight at 25 yards in much tighter groups than I got with 175gr swc or 180 jacketed bullets.
    That's good to here every 10mm I own loves the 200 grain WFN boolit. So to hear you are having good accuracy with yours makes me a happy guy.

Boolit Master
    I have the 4” MC.

I bought TK custom clips to make it more reliable with .40 S&W. Don’t try them without the tools.

Boolit Master
    Starline has a suggestion area on their website... I sent a message suggesting 10mm AR a few months ago... If you want to see it happen send them a note...

Look what happened with the .41 Special...is now in regular production.

Bob

Boolit Master

I'm sure Star-Line would be glad to make a run of 10MM AR. Someone would probably have to order the first run of 50,000 rnds and pay for the headstamp. That is how I got them to make the first run of .41spl...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Quote Originally Posted by RJM52 View Post
    Starline has a suggestion area on their website... I sent a message suggesting 10mm AR a few months ago... If you want to see it happen send them a note...

Look what happened with the .41 Special...is now in regular production.

Bob
    This is what I did a couple months ago.................I too would like to see a rimmed 10mm guess all as we can do is keep asking