Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Browning Buckmark 3D print front sight

Boolit Buddy

Browning Buckmark 3D print front sight

Well I’m having a blast with this 3D printer, hardest part was learning Cad. So anyway I have a Browning Buckmark and I like the feel of the gun but always hated the fiber optic front sight for target shooting and there isn’t a lot of choices for the Buckmark other than fiber optic. I wanted a white dot front sight, just the way I have always shot. So I decided to try to print one, gotta say it came out good, now I know it’s plastic but a lot of 22 sights are. Just have to see how it holds up out of the plastic I used. The I did had a 2mm dot thought that might be just a little large now doing one with 1mm dot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	227733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	227734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	227735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0077.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	227736
    Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

Boolit Master
    Cool! I hate fiber optic sights on guns.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Good job.... I like it..... keep going.....and your next project is?

Perfect! PLA or PTEG? PLA should hold up decently well, heat really isn't it's friend, but on the end of the bull barrel and being only a 22, it should work fine. Don't leave in your car locked up in the heat in mid summer, but you know that I expect. I did a PTEG cup holder for my old Miata so I could get a SS cup to fit. Been in it about 4 months and in the sun a lot with zero issues.

Good job, I hate fiber optics and flouresent sights. I have several S&Ws with Red Ramp fronts. The first thing I do is put patridge front blades on them. Mine are old models with pinned fronts. Even the
    ramp type fronts give poor sight picture when top gets polished from holster wear. I have fitted sights on several pistols than had screw on fronts. Numerich arms has many odd ball front sights to
    choose from. Some are sweat on but you can grind in correct radius and drill for screw. I don't know
    jack about 3D printers but my boy is into them and drones. He reproduces drone parts that look like
    factory. I have been trying to get him to make some gun parts. Simple ones, like trigger guards and
    hinge piece for H&R Handi rifle. If these parts will hold up, I think a guy could make a buck or help cover the cost of 3D Hobby making some of these parts.

Banner Sponsor

Very nice front sight. I like it

Boolit Buddy
    Handloader109 just using PLA now, I know there are a lot of choices of materials and some are hard to work with. Starting to get CAD now that’s the hardest part then all the settings for the printer itself. I did 3 sights total first one I did 2mm dot that was to big then 1mm to small and 1.5mm just right
    Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

Should be fine. I'm playing with an App on my Ipad I ran across. Works pretty darn well, still using the free version, about 80% of the full version, but only 3 projects saved at a time.
    A few glitches, but decent to play with

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Good job, I hate fiber optics and flouresent sights. I have several S&Ws with Red Ramp fronts. The first thing I do is put patridge front blades on them. Mine are old models with pinned fronts. Even the
    ramp type fronts give poor sight picture when top gets polished from holster wear. I have fitted sights on several pistols than had screw on fronts. Numerich arms has many odd ball front sights to
    choose from. Some are sweat on but you can grind in correct radius and drill for screw. I don't know
    jack about 3D printers but my boy is into them and drones. He reproduces drone parts that look like
    factory. I have been trying to get him to make some gun parts. Simple ones, like trigger guards and
    hinge piece for H&R Handi rifle. If these parts will hold up, I think a guy could make a buck or help cover the cost of 3D Hobby making some of these parts.
    I agree and I will withhold my long rant about fiber optics, florescent, or mini TV screens for front sights. I recently bought a new Lipsey Ruger GP100 in 44 Special, and it has a Novak fiber optic on it. I am seriously thinking about selling it because of the front sight. It distracts me. I suppose it is great if you are in special ops.; though I don't think they'd wish to use a 5 shot 5" revolver. Keep up the good work.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I agree and I will withhold my long rant about fiber optics, florescent, or mini TV screens for front sights. I recently bought a new Lipsey Ruger GP100 in 44 Special, and it has a Novak fiber optic on it. I am seriously thinking about selling it because of the front sight. It distracts me. I suppose it is great if you are in special ops.; though I don't think they'd wish to use a 5 shot 5" revolver. Keep up the good work.
    The GP100 front sights are super easy to change out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtk-sv6Oas

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    The GP100 front sights are super easy to change out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHtk-sv6Oas
    Mine does not have the front hole above the muzzle. I figure it is a straight drift off proposition, but not sure if I want to go to the trouble in hunting down the right patridge sight. They do not appear to be stock items, and most of what I've seen on the internet is for the fiber things.