RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: A step in the right direction?

A step in the right direction?

Boolit Master

I got that same black oven. Its a pita to keep it in the temp zone. I leave the thermometer in there and just play with it to keep innthe zone. Sometimes i have to click it to bake to get the temp up. Then switch back to the temp. It will hold, but it slowly drops off. When it hits 400 i will switch it back to back. Inhave made a molten mess like that before by accidently setting it to toast

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    Is it a Convection oven? If it does not have a fan they are very hard to maintain even heat throughout the oven. Hot spots can melt your alloy.

My cheap convection oven, from a discount store, about $40. 00 does every thing I need. Garage sales, good will stores, good place to look for used ones.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian" Henry Ford

I have to work with what I got. Spending more on this is not going to happen. If I have to nurse the oven along then that's what it will be.

Boolit Master

It will work. You just need to monitor it. I ordered smokes sample pack. Its lasted me about year and i still havent used half of it.

I melted my bullets first time tried it. Second time i let it get to hot and i split the coating like a peanut skin. Third time was a charm.

As long as the oven stays between 385 to 435 i havent had any problems. If it dips to low i just leave them in a few minutes longer or how ever long i was gone. I consider 450 too hot and 350 too cold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

They didn't have the silicon sheet y'all talk about. They had this no stick sheet made to go under the heating element of an oven. Since that sheet is 3/8" under an element that gets up to 1600 degrees I don't see why that would not work.
    Last edited by armednfree; 09-25-2018 at 11:35 AM.