Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good 30 carbine mold

Boolit Buddy

Good 30 carbine mold

I've read through a bunch of the older threads on this but most of them were a little older and I didn't know if anything new had come around.

Looking for a good mold for 30 carbine. I'm looking at 2 right now, and I'm open to other suggestions. I've had mixed experience with Lee Molds, so I'd like to avoid them for the moment.

The two I'm looking at are

http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_deta...31-115CG-D.png

And

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=118

Super Moderator

Either of those two look promising. If the Accurate flat nosed one would feed reliably it would be awesome. Iv'e had a few issues in the past with FN designs in my carbines. I primarily use the RCBS 30-115-SP, and the Lyman 311359. I can also HP either one with the Forster tool and they feed 100%.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    This is the Accurate mold I use in mine:

Attachment 227650
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Outpost, that looks like it has a really simar nose to the one I linked. Any issues with feeding?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by asmith80 View Post
    Outpost, that looks like it has a really simar nose to the one I linked. Any issues with feeding?
    Feeds 100% in my DCM Inland.

7.4 grains of AutoComp drops the cases at your feet.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    My saginaw 30 carbine feeds the 311316 just fine.I use the Ideal 3113i6 hollow point and the NOE solid point version both. The largest deer I ever killed was with this carbine using the old Ideal mold #311227. One shot in the neck dead right there.

Boolit Buddy
    I've seen a lot of posts about the 311-115 from NOE but I can't find it on the page. Is it still in production, or called something else now?

Boolit Buddy
    In my rifles (M1 & Marlin 62 ) , I shot the NOE 311-115 GC , Lyman 311576, and Lyman 311465 Loverin. I liked them all, but each required different powders.

Boolit Master

asmith80, the 311-115 appears to be renamed the 311-121 rn gc. Mine when lubed and GCed weigh 120
    I have tried many different cast boolits in the M1 Carbine and this is the best I have found.
    I cast mine from 50/50 WW/lino and size to .309. I know, but I have a lot of lino.
    They feed perfectly and shoot great.
    I am loading surplus WC820.
    296/H110 was developed for the carbine....dale

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the info. With all the older posts on the subject that mention that mold as well as the advice I've gotten here, I ordered a 5 cavity from NOE today.

Boolit Master
    The only cast bullet I've used in the carbine was the Lyman Ideal 31133 which is a hollow point version of the #311008.It was quite accurate.

Boolit Master
    GONRA had great M1 and M2 Carbine experience with
    118.5 grain, .309 inch diameter, Lyman U311359 gas check bullet, Lyman bullet lube
    with 13.5 grains IMR-4227 powder, CCI 400 primers.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lyman or NOE 311-465 120 GC boolits, 13.0 grains of h-110, WSR primers worked well for me.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

If you can find the old cramer #50 molds, they cast excellent bullets for the m1 carbines. Mine casts hp's & sp's
    [IMG][/IMG]

As already mentioned the lyman 122gr 311465 is another bullet that does well in the carbines.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Don't know why but I always preferred heavier cast bullets in the carbines. Sold off my m1 carbines/brass/dies years ago but still kept the molds.

Boolit Master
    Have you looked at the Saeco #254 mold or the Lyman 311410 which is a little heaver 130 grain? Neither of these require a gas check.

Boolit Master

If you have feeding trouble with a FN design in the M1 Carbine, use a Lyman #311 top punch with a slight bump at the downstroke on the lubing cycle and it will slightly round the corners enough for good feeding. I had that problem with Lyman's 311008./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    The only bullet design that has given me feeding problem in other guns have been the flat nose, but Powder Coating fixed the issue.

Boolit Grand Master

If you want a cast bullet that will, after zeroing, regulate to the range settings on the rear sight then the 311359 is the best choice. At 1850 fps it can do extremely well matching POI with the rear sight range settings to 300 yards.
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 10-08-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    The Saeco or H&G #254 molds are my go to for my carbine shooting.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    Many years ago a friend who owned a carbine asked me to load ammo for him. I built these loads using boolits from an Ideal mold 31133, the hollow point design of their original 311008 for the 32-20. Alloy was COWW, air cooled. He reported back that these loads were completely reliable to cycle in his rifle, hit at the sights, and were in his words "explosive" when they hit hard targets in a gravel pit. He was thrilled with them and that made me happy as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast