Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Who trapping this season coming.

Who trapping this season coming.

Is there many will be trapping this up coming season? Fur is still down ,but coyote is still there and they say that beaver casters will be going for a good price because not many is trapping beaver for the low price of beaver furs.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I'm going to help a buddy and learn as much as I can Sunday-wednesday . We've got 5 330s to work with and MANY beaver to target.

Boolit Master
    just started my trapline it runs thru the pantry out into the work shop ends in the woodshed. yesterday we had fur, markets kinda soft here though, got one tree rat(black squirrel) 2 deer mice, and the very rare chipmunk. Its gonna take a few to make swmbo a new coat!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post
    I'm going to help a buddy and learn as much as I can Sunday-wednesday . We've got 5 330s to work with and MANY beaver to target.
    Try not to smart the beaver up. Look for channel to set and use dive poles also.If you like to know anything else if I can help PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    just started my trapline it runs thru the pantry out into the work shop ends in the woodshed. yesterday we had fur, markets kinda soft here though, got one tree rat(black squirrel) 2 deer mice, and the very rare chipmunk. Its gonna take a few to make swmbo a new coat!!! LOL
    You got to start somewhere. You are doing good. For the tree rat have you check around see if there is any taxidermist might like to buy any off of you or check around ? Also check check if there is a market on the skins or tails of them. Yes it will take a few to make a new coat.

I'll probably set a few coyote traps.

My first , I’ve got a lot to learn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    nice beaver needs a trim though (my bad)

Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post

My first , I’ve got a lot to learn!!

Good start .Season open today for here in Iowa at 8am. i have a place across the road that the landowner have a beaver in it this year and some rats. It will be long days for me till it slows down for me later on in the season.

How was opener ?

It was a rain day for opener and for the 2 days after and everything is slow not like it was the past years and took care of 2 beaver problems and work on a 3rd one that the landowner i met at one of the places I normal trap and got my otter that same day. Not many coyotes this year only 2 right now .Alot of possum. not many coon and so far 9 rats and had one eaten out of the trap but the head. It is a odd year and when the game warden came to tag my otter ,I told him how much the water ways have change he told me we had 3 flooding this year. The places I normal trap for water ways change alot.Still got traps to check and some more to set in the new place.

Boolit Master

Snowing here now as I type. Sounds like a slow starter of a year for you trapper. Have heard from most that this is suppose to be a bad winter. Round here hardly anyone coon hunting or trapping except the hard core ones. Maybe if fur counts get down prices will start to rise. We can hope so. Stay safe out there.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Putting traps out tomorrow. Will be my first year attempting to catch anything.
    Trying for coyotes, coons and hope to catch rabbits and squirrels as well.

Deer were walking on the beaver ponds this weekend in northern MN. No sign of the beaver coming to shore on three ponds I looked at. Fisher opens the 24th and closes 29th here, unfortunately between family and work I dont think I'll get to try.
    Where (roughly) are you trapin' slownsteady22?

Central Mo.

Yesterday I check my line and the deer had sprung some of my coyote traps did get a coyote and 2 rats. Today got my 8th coyote and 2 rats. The way it is going soon I will be pull my line and start to get the furs in the freezer done up.Need to start to do more up now because there is hardly o room in the freezer now. it is a odd season.Did got my otter this season hope to get my 2nd that the law say I can get to keep.The game warden when he came to tag the otter he told em that no one he know of is trapping beaver. I was the only one that is. got 10 I think this season. I am on all private land no road trapping. I keep the landowners happy and my self for it is my hobby like doing cast boolits also.I did get other fur also .

Last day for fisher martin and otter in MN.

I am done trapping and work on put up my fur and had a friend that coon hunts give me some coon.I came out with 12 coyote and one of them had the mange. So i dump that one and 11 that I just put up and 11 beaver and a otter and 2 male mink and 15 rats and some possum and 3 skunks.and a few of my own coon.Still need work on getting all the fur put up.I trap out just about all the ground I got for the time and will just finish the furs and then sell when all dry. I have soem boolits to cast this winter also that will come after I am done with all my fur and some reloading to do also.