WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 1.25 oz = to 1.25 oz? A Shot vs. Slug Question

LB: My Vang Comped barrel on my Tac Gun patterns #8 birdy into 7" at 15 yards! That is half what it was originally

00 Buck is 7" at 25 yards. Again, half of what the stock barrel did. With a notable decrease in perceived recoil.

And you've seen what the slugs will do. The barrel mods really made that gun!

The show on TV called "Polar Bear Town" about the Bear Guides in Churchill had every Guide carrying a 18" shotgun.(Mostly 870's) They never really stated if they used Slugs or Buckshot, but I think it would probably be a little of both.

Getting within 100 yards of one of those critters would scare me to death. I'd probably be running backwards for the truck!

Polar Bears are way up the food chain from even the biggest Vancouver Island Black Bears. But I saw a story once of a guy who was trapped on the ice with a bear hunting him and finally killed it with a snub nosed 38, real up close and personal.

Not for the faint of heart.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I totally agree with Bloodtrail when he said "Get a Lead Sled". Only took me my first slug and Buckshot outing and a load that put me on one knee with watering eyes to send me to the Lead Sled store. There were a couple days there I thought I might have done heart or lung damage. Funny now but not at the moment. Getting the heavy barrel NEF was another plus for shooting heavy loads. Night and day different than my light 12ga. break barrel. For those loads that are only marginally better behind than in front of a "Sled" is the ticket. Gp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12