Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9mm Luger cast sucess?

skeet,
    how short do you have to load them to feed? , i had mine so short and the fat nose kept hitting the rifling, i gave up and went to another bullet

Boolit Master

pacomdiver
    My over all length is 1.105" and like I said they feed and shoot in all 3 of my 9MM's.

Ken

dont know how you did it. i sized mine to 355 initially , then after i powder coated them and resized them to 357, i had to get mine down to 1.05 to even get them to chamber. i was getting rifling marks on the dummy rounds till i hit 1.05

Boolit Master

pacomdiver,
    I guess I don't know how I did it either but it just seams to work well. I was wondering what kind of 9MM handgun you are shooting? Is it a make that has almost no lead to where the chamber ends and rifling start? Also how thick is the powder coating, is that causing you chambering problems? I just size and lube in a lubrisizer at .357". I wonder if because of the powder coating on the nose portion of the bullet making them larger that they no longer will chamber? If you want I would send you some of my bullets to compare.

Ken
    Last edited by skeet1; 12-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.

tried them in a glock 17 and a bta90 tanfoglio, since it didnt work in those, i didnt even bother with the 9mm ar and high point carbine

like i said in a previous post, i size them to 355 initially, then ASBBDT powder coat them, so its a thin even coat, then after they hardened a few days, i sized them to 357 and loaded them. i even got a RCBC 115 9mm mold, but they shot like ****, so last week i just got a lee 120 TC to try but my dillon 550 powder measure mount broke in the middle of the test run so i havent tried them yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234