RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly Moving to Arizona

Boolit Buddy

Possibly Moving to Arizona

My wife recently passed her board exam to get her license in radiology. She has been applying for jobs in the south west and was contacted today by the HR department of a hospital in northern AZ.

They didn't specifically say where at in northern AZ as they didn't want a bunch of people calling the hospital about the position.

She has a call scheduled with them on Monday to talk about the job, the hospital, where it is located, etc.

The description the job posting had of the city and the area seems like Flagstaff.

I'd gladly give up corn fields in exchange for mountains and wide open spaces.

Boolit Master
    Flagstaff is mighty pretty. A bit expensive, but you could do a lot worse.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    TomR,
    Lived in flag for most of my adult life. Went there from Atlanta where I worked for Delta to go back to college on the GI bill.
    Flag is nice. But it has grown lots since I livd there in the 90's. Flag medical center is a nice facility and i have long time close friends that work there.
    The biggest issue will be housing and traffic. My suggestion is get with Southerby real estate (Russ Lyon), ask for Andy Grannan, have known Andy for 43 years, and his wife has worked at the hospital for over 20 years. Have him locate something for you on hwy 180, it heads out of town toward the grand canyon and makes it a easy trip for your wife to get to work without going through all the traffic bottlenecks, AND when you want to get out if town and head ro the woods or the mountain you dont need to go through town to get there. Good luck in Flag. You will not want to leave it once you get there. My wife and I hope to head back there when we are done here taking care of aging parents.

Super Moderator

I've been in Flagstaff since 1977. Yes, the town has grown, but it's still a small town and hasn't lost it's charm. FYI, I believe the hospital here has some satellite "branches", so it may or may not be in Flagstaff. Either way, you'll have beautiful country and wide open spaces. I wish your wife and you luck on her job application. Please keep us posted... Where do you live now?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I've been in Flagstaff since 1977. Yes, the town has grown, but it's still a small town and hasn't lost it's charm. FYI, I believe the hospital here has some satellite "branches", so it may or may not be in Flagstaff. Either way, you'll have beautiful country and wide open spaces. I wish your wife and you luck on her job application. Please keep us posted... Where do you live now?
    Right on!

Boolit Master
    I'm envious. I would love to live around the Page area but housing too expensive and other commitments here in Illinois. Wish I would have moved when I was young.

Boolit Buddy
    We currently live in southern Illinois.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Don Purcell View Post
    I'm envious. I would love to live around the Page area but housing too expensive and other commitments here in Illinois. Wish I would have moved when I was young.
    I live about 3 1/2 hours from there, and occasionally have to head over there for a week at a time.

Housing is MUCH cheaper there than here, for a reason.

About the only thing that gets me excited thinking about page is the really good pizza joint.

I love Flagstaff, but the wife has never lived where it snows normally, and wants to keep it that way.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Flagstaff, maybe YRMC in Prescott? There are some big medical facilities in Navajo Country. You will be a free man the minute you get to Arizona. No gun restrictions like Illinois .

Boolit Master
    Flagstaff also gets very cold, even in late spring.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I'm excited for ya'll. Leave Illinois and it's Libtards far behind. Burn your FOID card!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Flagstaff also gets very cold, even in late spring.
    LOL...I've seen nine inches of snow here in early June. Killed my entire garden

Boolit Master

I have visited several times, on my way to Ben Avery/ Black Canyon range. Lots of big shooting events. I have been told the fishing is great and no matter where you are in the area you are about an hour from snow skiing or water skiing whichever you choose on the same day.
    I am seriously considering moving there it the oppertunity arises
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I'm excited for ya'll. Leave Illinois and it's Libtards far behind. Burn your FOID card!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I moved to Nevada in 2012 for a few months. It didn't end up working out. While I was there I cut up my FOID card.

Is there any sort of deer population to speak of in northern AZ? Rabbits? My brother is really big into deer and rabbit hunting. I would love to get to come out and do some hunting with me if it is available.

Boolit Master

The biggest mule deer in the world inhabit the Arizona strip and the Kaibab plateau.

But, it takes many years to draw a tag.
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

There is monster muley bucks in just about every hunt unit, mostly in the northern zones. Some of the biggest elk also roam the woods of No. AZ

Boolit Grand Master

Went to college in Flagstaff and spent a few years afterwards working for The AZ G&F and The Forest Service there. Go Lumberjacks!!!!

Loved Flagstaff and the surrounding area. Be aware that it seemed to me to be a "college town" in that it was kinda crunchy but there were plenty of natives that still worked in the outdoors for a living. Great place.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    There is monster muley bucks in just about every hunt unit, mostly in the northern zones. Some of the biggest elk also roam the woods of No. AZ
    Friend of mine guides on The White Mountain Apache Res. Monster elk is an understatement. Lot's of Antelope around Flagstaff, too. I once had maps of all the waterholes, tanks, breeding area's etc of antelopes in Northern AZ courtesy of The Forest Service when I worked there. Wish I had them back.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    My wife recently passed her board exam to get her license in radiology. She has been applying for jobs in the south west and was contacted today by the HR department of a hospital in northern AZ.

They didn't specifically say where at in northern AZ as they didn't want a bunch of people calling the hospital about the position.

She has a call scheduled with them on Monday to talk about the job, the hospital, where it is located, etc.

The description the job posting had of the city and the area seems like Flagstaff.

I'd gladly give up corn fields in exchange for mountains and wide open spaces.
    The area around Flagstaff is gorgeous, and I believe quite a bit cooler than the Southern part of the state. It is a bit of a tourist town though with the Grand Canyon only being a short drive away.

Dove hunting, Javalina, Wild turkey, Squirrel, Whitetail deer, Mule deer, Coues deer, Antelope, Sheep, Elk, Red heads, Canvasbacks, Teal, Mallards, Blue grouse, Mountain lion, Black bear. Just a few of the game animals. Of course then the fishing, Small and Large mouth bass, Strippers, Walleye, Blue gill, Crappie, Rainbow trout, Cut throat trout, Catfish, and great lakes to swim, water ski, camping......not enough space or time to list those great places. Yup, AZ is a nice place to be. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast