Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly Moving to Arizona

Boolit Buddy
    If we end up moving to AZ I'd like to get together with some of the members here and do some shooting.

Boolit Master

I understand that there is a gunsmith of note in Flagstaff.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife just got off the phone with the recruiter for the hospital. The hospital is located n Show Low, AZ. I just checked it out online and looks like a good place to live. Hopefully she gets the job and we are moving by next weekend.

Boolit Master
    Beautiful area. It has the best outdoor activities in Arizona. You'll be happy there.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I’ve elk hunted there. Pretty area. You just have to drive along way to get to anywhere it seemed like to me. I have friends in Goodyear and predator hunt there every year. Coyotes there are like mosquitoes here. It may get hot but you don’t have the depressing long cold winters to worry about. I had a buddy smith at the dons years ago and now has moved back to WI and has his own shop. I miss the awesome deals they had there. I picked up a s&w 44mag niteguard there for $450 that was like new.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-24-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Went to college in Flagstaff and spent a few years afterwards working for The AZ G&F and The Forest Service there. Go Lumberjacks!!!!

Loved Flagstaff and the surrounding area. Be aware that it seemed to me to be a "college town" in that it was kinda crunchy but there were plenty of natives that still worked in the outdoors for a living. Great place.
    Me too! Went to the forestry school there in 1975. Met my wife to be there, married 41 years yesterday. largest Ponderosa pine forest anywhere and at 7000' just the right elevation with snow in the winter and not really that cold. Sedona canyon is close and very nice.
    Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

I love az. I'm not in the north but Yuma. it is indeed the best state of the 50. its just too hot where I live.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ThomR View Post
    My wife just got off the phone with the recruiter for the hospital. The hospital is located n Show Low, AZ. I just checked it out online and looks like a good place to live. Hopefully she gets the job and we are moving by next weekend.
    Show Low is in the White Mountain area of Arizona. The town got its name in the 1880's from a poker game. The name of the main street through town is called "Deuce of Clubs". It's really a neat little town, and I'm certain that you and your wife will love it there. Great hunting and fishing there and surrounding area! Best of Luck once again.

Boolit Master

There used to be some great trout fishing around Pine Top and Show Low
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

I lived near Prescott and my favorite area of the state to visit was up around Show Low. Camped and fished a bunch around Blue Ridge reservoir. There are even Bighorn sheep in the area.

If I ever moved back to Arizona, it would be in that area, near Payson. Enough snow to keep the Californians out.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    My wife should find out tomorrow if she gets the job. I certainly hope she gets it.
    On another positive note I'll be getting my work comp settlement this week.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    I understand that there is a gunsmith of note in Flagstaff.
    Yes Sir, Gary Reeder custom guns is located in Flagstaff
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Man

I'm in Show Low. If you are lucky enough to move here shoot me a PM, and I'll show you around. Look up the White Mountain Shooters Association (wmsainc.org). It's our new outdoor range a couple of miles east of town. I'm an RSO there a couple of days a month. Of course you can shoot in the national forests too, as we are in the middle of the Apache Sitgraves NF.

Boolit Master

I have to ask the OP what is your occupation and work there for You??

Show Low is one of the most beautiful areas of Arizona. That whole area from Springerville to Payson is spectacular. I'm extremely envious!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife didn't end up getting the job. She has a phone call scheduled for this afternoon with a clinic in Boise.
    As for me, I can do all sorts of work.

Boolit Master

Idaho is nice, too.

Super Moderator

ThomR,

Well, sorry that didn't work out for you. It would have been fun to get together and do some shooting, hunting or fishing. When one door closes, another one opens. Wishing you the best of luck Sir.

Boolit Master

Sorry the job didn't work out. Things happen for a reason.
    At one with the gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12