Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Glock 19 gen5, G 43 same col 1.075

Glock 19 gen5, G 43 same col 1.075

My 2 glocks have same COL of 1.075 as for the barrel plunk test. I am using Winchester 231 powder and I have 2 different Lee Mold casted bullets. Lee 125 RN and Lee 120 TC. Both of these are not listed on load data, some are close and my Col is 1.075 for both barrels. Both of these bullets are Powdercoated and sized to 356. I am going to test these rounds in a few days and below is my basic test info. I would like some feed back or wisdom prior to loading and testing.

Lee 120 TC COL 1.075
    starting charge using Winchester 231 will be 3.4 gr. 10 rounds, 3.6 gr. 10 rounds, 3.8 gr 10 rounds.

Lee 125 RN COL 1.075
    starting charge using Winchester 231 will be 3.6 gr. 10 rounds, 3.8 gr. 10 rounds, 4.0 gr 10 rounds.

I am using a aftermarket barrel Lone wolf in G19 and a Blacklist aftermarket barrel in my G43.
    Using CCI primers with Mix brass.

I am looking for inputs if this is a good starting block or steps to make practice rounds not competition shooting. will there be leading that i need to be concerned during these tests and recommendations.
    Gun Safety Rule #1 Carry One

Boolit Master

I shoot both bullets you note; both are excellent and, it appears, your load data is a good start. The only thing I would add is, "just try them". Cast bullet handloading is all R&D, mostly about "fit".

Every pistol will either like your load recipe, or it won't. And, it may shoot better in a Sig, or a High Power, or some other pistol. Its all a mystery until you pull the trigger. But, you're on the right track.

What I do is ask a friend to try a handful of "samples" in his pistol; wait for his feed back. Chances are, he'll be asking for more.............Lol! Good luck, be safe, and "Let the Madness Begin!"

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.