Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Boston Globe email spam

Boolit Master

Boston Globe email spam

A couple weeks ago I started getting emails from the Boston Globe with their news stories. I did not ask for them so I don't know why they started. I marked them as a blocked sender but they kept showing up, so I kept marking them as blocked. I now have ten slightly different senders from the Boston globe. It seems like you block them and they change the return address to get by the block. What the heck is going on here?
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    I doubt they're being sent from the Globe, more likely someone using Globe materials to pass themselves off as legitimate. Sportsman Guide did the same thing to me for months and I kept blocking. Eventually they gave up. Even opening email before deleting/,blocking is a bad idea because it flags you as an Active account for other spammers to target.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Use "Boston Globe" as key word in your blocker on your IP's setup or black list for your email address.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

AOL handles verizon's email now. They seem to do the same thing. They keep changing their email address so my filters don't filter out the garbage from AOL. I finally created a single filter to look for just AOL in the From field...it now dumps it all in the trash. Instead of a block sender...try a filter and see if that helps.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    I doubt they're being sent from the Globe, more likely someone using Globe materials to pass themselves off as legitimate. Sportsman Guide did the same thing to me for months and I kept blocking. Eventually they gave up. Even opening email before deleting/,blocking is a bad idea because it flags you as an Active account for other spammers to target.
    exactly, and whatever you do NEVER EVER hit unsubscribe. It flags you as active, and they then sell your account info to dozens of other spammers.

God Bless, and One Love.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master

Well I have now gone about 4 days with no Boston globe emails. I kept labeling each one as spam, there was 31 different email addresses! My email did not work just banning Boston Globe etc. Cautiously optimistic.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle