Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooting some old-timers 41 Swiss

Boolit Buddy

I ordered the Accurate 43-335B mold Monday so it should be here soon. I shortened 20 of my .348 cases to 38MM and they are all ready to go. I had fantastic luck with the Lee bullet and 2400, wanted to try something a little more original, hopefully the 335B will shoot just as good.
    Last edited by hpbear101; 12-19-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Point-Man View Post
    Shot this target at 100 yards with my M78-81. Even at 100 yards my rifle shoots about 18 inches high, so I aim low. These rifles sights zero at 300 yards .Attachment 227493
    Norm Sutton on the Swissrifles.com Vetterli board sells a cast brass front sight you can solder or epoxy over the original front sight to bring your POI down. On my 78/81 I noted that it is actually a removable sight blade (not so on the 69s). I used a small pin and drifted it out of the base, I then took an old brass key and cut a new sight blank with a similar shank as the original. A height of approximately .5" got me a little high at 50 and right on at 100 with the Lee bullet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front sight.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	232343

I started out pretty tall and filed it down to the proper height at the range, then filed the front and back to match the base when done it is shaped much like the original.
    Last edited by hpbear101; 12-19-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Boolit Bub

Swiss Vetterli magazine spacer

A few months ago abunaitoo mentioned in this thread about adding a spacer to his Vetterli so he can use shorter cartridges. If you read this, abunaitoo could you explain how you did this? I was looking at my model 1869 Vetterli this evening and I can`t figure out how to put in a spacer. Thank you, Paul.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorthwis View Post
    I'm going to make a scope mount for my M78. Does the dovetail get taken out from right to left, left to right, or will either direction work?
    I JB welded on a Weaver base to the bbl and use a 3-9 (Old) Burris long eye relief scope. 500+ rounds and several hunts and it's still there. It's a deadly killer, rather like a 44 Magnum carbine. I shoot 320 gr boolits @1000 fps. 5 in 1" @50 w/4227.

In Remembrance
    A few years ago, a friend of mine who was active on this and other forums (smokemjoe...RIP Joe) was very actively involved in CBA and shooting his Vetterlis (quite well!) at the Military shoots. He designed a boolit specifically for the Vetterli and CBE made the mold for him. I ordered one from Jim at CBE several years ago. I am sure they will make molds for this design if they don't already have them in their inventory. The molds are brass, moderately priced, and very well made. If you contact them, ask for the Joe Weist Vetterli mold.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Oregon View Post
    A few months ago abunaitoo mentioned in this thread about adding a spacer to his Vetterli so he can use shorter cartridges. If you read this, abunaitoo could you explain how you did this? I was looking at my model 1869 Vetterli this evening and I can`t figure out how to put in a spacer. Thank you, Paul.
    Missed this thread.
    I used a hard round black plastic thing I find all over the ground at the range.
    I think it's from a shotgun slugg.
    Glued it to the back of the lifter.
    I think I needed to shape it a little. And I think I used only one.
    Probably could stack the for shorter rounds.
    Works great,and it's fun to run the rounds through the tube mag.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mazo kid View Post
    A few years ago, a friend of mine who was active on this and other forums (smokemjoe...RIP Joe) was very actively involved in CBA and shooting his Vetterlis (quite well!) at the Military shoots. He designed a boolit specifically for the Vetterli and CBE made the mold for him. I ordered one from Jim at CBE several years ago. I am sure they will make molds for this design if they don't already have them in their inventory. The molds are brass, moderately priced, and very well made. If you contact them, ask for the Joe Weist Vetterli mold.
    I remember "smokemjoe". Bought abd sold a number of things from him.
    Good honest gentleman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123