Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: 12 Ga DGS Slug, 1 1/8oz spire tip W/3" Fiocchi hulls/Fiocchi 616 primer?

Boolit Bub

12 Ga DGS Slug, 1 1/8oz spire tip W/3" Fiocchi hulls/Fiocchi 616 primer?

Hi all, I have the above slugs and primed hulls, I can't find load data for this set up, anyone using these? I would like to use a fold crimp, don't have a roll die. I did download the manual from Ballistic Products, but it doesn't list this combo.
    I know some hulls are interchangeable, which might help with load data.......

Boolit Man

Boolit Grand Master

The only 3" hull my manual lists for fold crimp is Federal. If you trim to 2 3/4", I show 28.5 grains universal clays for a 2 3/4" Fiocchi. They are also close enough to Rio, I would feel comfortable using that data. Best choice is to just buy a roll crimper. They are much less fussy to use, no setup.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The only 3" hull my manual lists for fold crimp is Federal. If you trim to 2 3/4", I show 28.5 grains universal clays for a 2 3/4" Fiocchi. They are also close enough to Rio, I would feel comfortable using that data. Best choice is to just buy a roll crimper. They are much less fussy to use, no setup.

Con I add a 1/4” spacer on top and not have to cut the hull? I bought some of the 1/8th inch round discs just Incase, but I have never used them unless it called for them