Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Pacific reloaders DL105 and DL150

Boolit Master

Pacific reloaders DL105 and DL150

I know I'm fishing in the wrong waters with questions about shotshell reloaders but please bear with me just a bit. I've been given these two Pacific reloaders and I am sure they are incomplete but I don't yet know enough to know what I may need.
    The 150 seems to have dies for 12 ga, powder bushing 21 grs Red Dot and 1 /1/8 oz shot. I think the 105 may be in 20 ga, 1 oz shot and #369 powder bushing. Aren't shotshell dies usually marked as to gage? I sure don't see many marking on these pieces!

The major die pieces seems to be there, I can recognise deprimers, crimp starters, etc. Should I even try to clean them up and see what I have or is it just impossible to get parts if I need any? I think the 150 is missing a shell holder for the depriming station and it needs both bottles. Hornady apparently doesn't have any parts left for these but I am only going by postings from other misfortunates that have these models.

I enjoy cleaning things up and getting some use from old junk. ( I am also a 310 die and tool fanatic!) But I really am in unfamiliar territory here.

Boolit Buddy
    eBay has some parts, might try there. I was able to find some info on the dl-155 I recently acquired, and the sit had info, no parts but parts lists and instructions, for several models

I made an ebay purchase of an old pacific 100 I believe this was the start of the pacific presses it was missing the after loading final crimp die and had a precrimp and finish crimp for paper hulls. I added a Mec crimp die in the open slot and filed out the bar slide opening so it now accepts Mec charge bars. Is all this worth it? Probably not, but I enjoy bringing old loading gear back to life and the presses are the only items I collect- accumulate. Gp

Boolit Master

Go here and get your manuals for FREE

https://www.hornady.com/support/user-manuals#!/

For the shot and powder bottles, the MEC bottles should work for the 105
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I have a DL-105, I havent gotten it running yet. Heres some info for your to browse. http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.c...c%20DL-105.htm

I set the DL model 100 up on the bench yesterday and loaded the shot and powder tubes for the first time. After the alterations I made this is one sweet running little press. No leaking powder even with the use of Mec bars. This press has a really cool automatic primer feed with the pacific bars but they are hard to come by and expensive so I recommend that you take the time to make the Mec bars work. I'm going to drill and tap the end of the Mec bars so it accepts the primer feed bar and see if I can find a eight point crimp starter as it's set up with a six. Actually I like the six point best but so many of the hulls I have on hand have used the eight point originally. I love bringing old gear back to life and this press was well worth the effort. Gp