Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a qoute on a new rifle

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kokomokid View Post
    Most accurate bbl I have is a Krieger cm 17 twist wide land but the lands are not as wide as the grooves. I got this bbl for a special Jones 550 grain bullet but it sure likes a Baco 530 gr money bullet. Back when I got this bbl they told me that Mr Krieger was rifling all the wide land bbls himself.
    He still is. I went with wide land in SS. One is a 17 twist and the other is a 16 twist. Should be shooting them this spring. As to what the width is the sales person stated 50/50 or 70/30 were the options.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 01-03-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    He still is. I went with wide land in SS. One is a 17 twist and the other is a 16 twist. Should be shooting them this spring. As to what the width is the sales person stated 50/50 or 70/30 were the options.
    Great to know he is still doing bbls. I have a 17 twist SS wide land on order for BPTR that will be a #5 weight Winchester bbl.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I talked with Dan at AZ Arms today. Discussed the rifle in detail and Monday or Tuesday will be ordering it. Changed to half round barrel 32" long. And Am thinking Pachmeyer recoil pad instead of steel. Chambered for long brass. He is getting back to me on the throat if any. Front dovetail will b cut and a blank installed, tang drilled and tapped for mva base. Case hardening is done by Doug Turnball and I'm not sure about bluing. double set triggers.
    That should be a very nice gun. What does Dan say about having any throat or free bore?

Boolit Grand Master

I ask how his reamer was set up and He didn't remember is going to check it. and let me know when I call next week. I have a 38-55 reamer ground by Manson its the McPhearson version and it has .350 throat between case mouth and leade. I haven't used it yet.

Boolit Grand Master

Well now its the longest 4 months to ever be. Ordered and paid for the rifle today. Buy the hard case for $XXXX.XX and they send it with a free rifle in it. Like CPA buy the ball cap for $XXX.XX and get a free rifle.

Ordered it with 32" half octagon barrel 1-12 twist. 13 1/2 LOP, scope. Fancy walnut matching stock and forearm. Pachmeyer pad and recoil reducer. double set triggers. fore end tip.

Scope uses unertal posa mounts. at 7.2 spacing its 1/2 moa per graduation. ( I have a few of these from small bore and other things on various heights ) Scope is 8X and NRA allowed. No "clicks" in the rear mount.

Boolit Grand Master

Well almost 1 month down on the build time.

Boolit Master
    You might check the neck/mouth diameter of the reamer you will be using.
    The SAAMI chamber permits a case mouth so small that you can't chamber WW brass when loaded with a .380 or larger bullet.
    What groove diameter barrel do you expect to use?

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I ask how his reamer was set up and He didn't remember is going to check it. and let me know when I call next week. I have a 38-55 reamer ground by Manson its the McPhearson version and it has .350 throat between case mouth and leade. I haven't used it yet.
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master

They use Green mountain blanks so it should be close to the dimensions of the last blank for the rolling block and the mc gowen on my high wall .375-.376. I had thought about a CM Krieger but didn't want to add to the wait time that much.

Boolit Grand Master

Now 2 months in to the build time o this rifle. They way its looking Ill get the rifle and new building up about the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12