MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can there be to much compression?

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Chris, and Steve.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevewhr View Post
    That's the Money bullet I sent you Brian and on top of that, Chris kicked my butt easily enough in Worland last May with what was probably that same load!
    Getting set up to load some of those, maybe even today Steve. LOL

Boolit Master
    Steve this year in Worland was my first using Swiss rather than OE 1.5. It was a weird mixed bag of load experimenting for me. Due to a problem that'll take too much explaining, I ended up shooting an unproven load at 600 there.

I used the Swiss loads with the Saeco #740 bullet for both targets at 200 and for one of the 300 yard stages. Then I used the unproven loads for the second target at 300 and both at 600. That load was actually my regular Swiss 1.5 and the BACO 409400M4, but with a primer switch ( Fed LP Match ) and zero neck tension. I developed the loads with CCI BR2's and 0.001" neck tension, but lucky for me they shot quite well.

We had some trouble reading the wind on one of the 600 yard stages. The load held very excellent vertical but we had a few shots that seemed to need more wind correction than we figured. Or maybe it was too much Makers Mark the night before

Chris.

Boolit Bub
    So Chris, when you use a news paper wad is it to keep powder from entering the flash hole or between bullets and the other wad ?

Boolit Master
    I stick them between the LDPE wad and the bullet to attempt to keep the LDPE wad from sticking to the bullet's base. I'm not sure it helps but I think it might.

Chris.

Boolit Mold
    Obviously Kenny corrupted you. I stayed at the hot springs in Thermopolis so my wife could indulge herself. Worked out well enough but I'd enjoy the sitting around telling lies in the evening too. Wait, I did that anyway only my audience wasn't shooters... Seem to recall some interesting winds on the 600.

Boolit Master
    He might have influenced me a little here and there .

I do enjoy hanging out with the fine people in Wyoming in the evening. It's a big part of what makes matches fun I think. Years ago our family did a lot of drag racing. The racing was a lot of fun, but so was hanging out and swapping BS in the evenings. I think these black powder matches are fun in the same kind of way. Lots of really interesting and nice people.

Chris.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks Chris.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Thanks Chris.
    You're welcome

Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12