Lee PrecisionGraf & SonsInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two diameter ppbs

Boolit Buddy
    Gentlemen, this is very interesting.
    I am assuming that the need for a dual diameter boolit is for a bore riding projectile in a rifle with a generous chamber, correct?

Sounds like an issue one would encounter using black in a smokeless chamber (if one wanted a bore riding boolit)

My question is, could the dual diameter be accomplished with the patch alone?
    I envision a standard patch with an additional tail which wraps the base of the boolit before the rest of the boolit is wrapped by the full width patch thus increasing the diameter of the base over the diameter of the rest of the boolit. The tail sized appropriately for the amount of neck tension and length of insertion of course.
    The paper base may just shear off but the full length outer patch may mitigate that - don't know...
    I have a 50/110 that I should try this in.

Something like this:

In a State that is #1 with people migrating out.
    I guess I better get more Brooks Tru Bore Mould stock to build my penchion retirement funds

I'm a bit late to this party, but have been shooting the two diameter bullet LynC2 designed and Accurate molds made in my Browning 40-65 with exceptional results. The Browning chamber has quite a long throat to allow bullets to be seated out for powder capacity, and refuses to shoot accurately with a normal PP bore diameter bullet. But this one patches up to .410" for about 3/8 inch, then .400" for the rest. Loads are absolutely easy, 72 grains Ffg, poly wad, enough compression to give the bullet a little room to sit, and it's done. Last weekend we were seeing palm sized groups at 500M on the steel plate, and at 200 it just makes a spot. This is the first bullet like this I have played with, and am now convinced that if your rifle has a chamber with freebore, you want a bullet designed like this one.
    "Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est."

Boolit Buddy
    45DDEPPfor18twistGGCh070218.pdf
    Mike, here is my drg of the 45 cal DDEPP bullet for 18 twist
    beltfed/arnie

Boolit Buddy
    Huvius,
    I tried the two width, patching idea a while back.
    Not good.
    Go to a dual diameter bullet such as the drg I just posted for Mike Hearth' request.
    beltfed/arnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12