Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: ideal tong tool

Boolit Master

ideal tong tool

I have a ideal tong tool marked .32-40. will 310 dies work with it? I would like to do .30-30.

I think that 310 dies for any of the 38-55 family will work in your tong tool, including 30-30; or you could stay period correct with a #13 Ideal seating chamber.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Grand Master
    Landy88 has told you right. Any of the Ideal or Lyman tong tools with interchangeable dies should be able to have whatever dies from the 310 series thread into them as you wish; the exceptions being very small ones like some of the old 25-20 SS sets or the very large "special" sets for very fat cartridges. I like to think in terms of "families" of cartridges based on body diameter and the 38-55, 32-40, and 30-30 (along with 25-35 and a couple more) are all based on the same case body, varying only in length and or neck diameter. Those 32-40 "handles" will work fine with a set of 30-30 dies. A set of 30-06 handles is also handy to cover 308, 243, 270, etc, etc.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    ok so now I am looking for the dies. grandson wants to use one of my 94's in .30-30. only thing is he is going to load his own shells.