MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee 4 hole turret auto advance

Boolit Master
    I noticed a lot of drag when turning the turret by hand. One drop of oil at the juncture with the press a couple of turns much smoother. Then I got the spare ratchets installed a new one and viola IT WORKS! (Kinda like " Its alive".)
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I noticed a lot of drag when turning the turret by hand. One drop of oil at the juncture with the press a couple of turns much smoother. Then I got the spare ratchets installed a new one and viola IT WORKS! (Kinda like " Its alive".)
    Yea it is a good feeling!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the press. It is an excellent tool.

Boolit Mold
    Finally remembered to check on this topic. Wanted to wait till It got more attention for replies. I remembered when I got a.223 case stuck in my Lee dye I ordered the parts to fix it. Long story short I destroyed the (name is skipping on me) deprimer/resize rod... Anywho! It was free. So the other day ordering bullets I stopped down to Lee's website. Got a whole slew of back up parts. Heck shipping was more then what I spent! Good deal I'm glad Lee provides low LOW cost replacements.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by juggernault98 View Post
    Finally remembered to check on this topic. Wanted to wait till It got more attention for replies. I remembered when I got a.223 case stuck in my Lee dye I ordered the parts to fix it. Long story short I destroyed the (name is skipping on me) deprimer/resize rod... Anywho! It was free. So the other day ordering bullets I stopped down to Lee's website. Got a whole slew of back up parts. Heck shipping was more then what I spent! Good deal I'm glad Lee provides low LOW cost replacements.
    Lee is good about standing behind their product. Yes, I've got quite a few 223 cases "stuck" even with lube. I learned the "feeling" of em going in, if it started to feel tight, back it off! I do not clean my brass before de-priming/sizing simply because I want my SS pins to clean out primer pocket BUT I make sure they are all "grit-free".
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Buddy
    I never was a fan of the clamp being fine threaded plastic. I knew sooner or later it would strip. What I did was get a longer screw and run a nut on it kinda like the older 3 hole turret except not recessed in the clamp. I works great and the nut don't bother a thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0246.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	227717

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    I never was a fan of the clamp being fine threaded plastic. I knew sooner or later it would strip. What I did was get a longer screw and run a nut on it kinda like the older 3 hole turret except not recessed in the clamp. I works great and the nut don't bother a thing.

That is an excellent idea. I am waiting for the screw on mine to eventually strip out. At that point I will do exactly what you did.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post

Well that's a good idea. I replaced my black clamp figured might as well right? I found out that there was a hairline crack on the back where the two pieces bend. Which caused the indexing issue. Meaning I must have had that crack out of the box. Oh well it's fixed now.

Moderator Emeritus

Another good tip is to take the plastic container of STP you bought and put a pinhole in the foil over the product. You then invert it and get one drop on your finger every time you change turrets and wipe the outside with oil. The turret, like most things moves easier if it is lubed. If you have extra n your finger wipe down the press shaft and put a drop on the hinge points ever 5000 rounds or so.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12